EMC Shows Transformational IT at VMworld® 2012 Europe
HOPKINTON, Mass., Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ –
- EMC today announced the company will feature its best-of-breed product portfolio designed to support customers’ journey to the cloud at VMworld(®) 2012 Europe.
- Brian Gallagher will deliver a spotlight session, Cloud Transforms IT. Trust Transforms Cloud. Big Data Transforms Business which will focus on EMC’s view of the software-defined data center.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), has assembled and will announce a lineup of products and technologies designed to transform IT and business at the VMworld(®) 2012 conference on October 9-11 at the Fira Gran Via Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain. EMC(®) will highlight broad technology integration with the industry’s most advanced cloud infrastructure suite, VMware vSphere(®), further enabling the transformation of IT. The combination of EMC’s industry-leading information infrastructure products, solutions and services with VMware virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies accelerates the customer journey to the cloud — lowering IT costs and improving business agility.
Delivering IT as a service requires a shift of focus along with new technologies, products, solutions, services, processes and staff certifications to support this transformation. With opportunities to provide a hands-on experience to learn and acquire practical guidance, attendees will develop skills from EMC’s vSpecialists and their peers to experience the benefits of EMC with VMware virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies.
This August, EMC announced it captured the #1 position in leading industry analyst Wikibon’s(1) annual virtualization study: “vSphere 5 Storage Integration Chips Away at Management Overhead.” When asked which vendor offers the best solution for VMware environments, 49% of all respondents named EMC(®) named as #1, nearly 3X more than the nearest competitor and more than the combined scores of the six other remaining storage vendors. EMC VNX(®) and EMC VMAX(®) were the two EMC storage systems included among the twelve products in the survey. Customers singled out EMC storage systems as the best in each of the three survey categories – general, block-only and unified storage.
Key opportunities to listen, learn and gain hands-on experience:
- EMC Spotlight Session (Wednesday, October 10 at 2:00 p.m.): Brian Gallagher, President, Enterprise Storage Division, EMC will participate in a session titled “Cloud Transforms IT, Trust Transforms Cloud, Big Data Transforms Business.” The session will focus on EMC’s view of the software-defined data center and its impact on storage, backup and recovery, management and control. This Spotlight session will also be webcast live at http://www.emc.com/microsites/vmworld-2012/index.htm.
- EMC will give “live” demonstrations highlighting EMC’s shared vision with VMware to Transform IT, business, cloud computing and yourself.
- EMC Booth (# D207 in the Fira Barcelona Gran Via – North Entrance): Show attendees will have the opportunity to see demonstrations of technology integrations between EMC and VMware solutions and meet with EMC executives and subject matter experts to discuss what’s on their minds. Featured in the booth will be demonstrations of EMC storage, backup and recovery, virtual desktop infrastructure, all Flash storage arrays, security and solutions as well as services to virtualize mission critical applications, analytics and action, and information management features with VMware technologies. Featured presentations will be made by EMC and VMware’s joint customers and subject matter experts.
- EMC Interactive Demo Booth (# DD2): For customers wanting to gain practical insights and hands-on experience, EMC is offering for its third year an interactive, hands-on lab to showcase combined EMC and VMware technologies. The latest EMC cloud technologies will be showcased including EMC Atmos(®) and attendees can learn how EMC’s portfolio of products including EMC Symmetrix(®) VMAX((TM)), EMC VNX(®) family and EMC Isilon(®) storage platforms integrates with VMware to provide the best visibility and management of the cloud.
Show attendees will gain a deeper understanding of how to secure, backup and protect their EMC and VMware virtualized and cloud environments featuring EMC Avamar(®), RSA(®) and EMC VPLEX(®). On full display will be EMC and EMC partner technologies offering end- user customers and service providers “three paths to the cloud” choice and flexibility — best-of-breed cloud infrastructure products for customer implementation, VCE Vblock Systems for converged infrastructure and the channel-only EMC VSPEX((TM)) Proven Infrastructure.
- “Must See” Sessions: EMC executives will deliver 3 “must see” sessions and there will be 5 additional technical breakout sessions with EMC technical speakers where customers will address attendees’ questions during panel discussions. EMC customers will share their real-world experiences and provide practical guidance for how EMC and VMware have helped speed their journey to the cloud and have enabled them to adapt to new skills required for cloud computing and Big Data that have helped to transform their businesses by delivering innovative solutions, product integrations and applications to create business value and agility. Additionally, there will be a VMware Hands on Lab designed to afford attendees with an interactive technology experience.
Andrea Grandi, Senior Storage & Cloud Engineer, CASPUR/CINECA
“EMC and VMware are suppliers of reference for our move to ITaaS and cloud technologies. We find their products to be highly reliable, and we are recommending them not only to colleagues but also to our customers to foster closely knit hybrid cloud solutions. EMC and VMware have simplified our processes and are making our move to ITaaS possible.”
Ferdinand Karner, Head of Systems and Base Services, Mediaprint
“Using EMC and VMware products together provides benefits beyond our administrators. Basically the entire company benefits. An efficient storage system is the basis for all of the services that we offer.”
Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President, Product Operations and Marketing, EMC Corporation
“EMC’s pervasive integrations with VMware vSphere(® )5.1 and cloud infrastructure suite is helping to transform IT. By delivering on the industry’s most prolific products, solutions and services with VMware virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies, EMC is enabling customers to realize the benefits of delivering IT as a Service by reducing costs and creating business value.”
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
- Learn more about partnering with EMC
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
(1)Wikibon, “Study of Storage Integration in vSphere V5*”August 2012
EMC, Atmos, Symmetrix, VMAX, VNX, Isilon, Avamar, RSA and VPLEX are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners. VMware and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.’s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation