New OpenITGov partnership offers complete open source solution for the new public sector
LONDON, Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Entando, along with its partners in the OpenITGov alliance – Jaspersoft, Infobright and Green Vulcano and Red Hat have teamed up to provide local and central public sector organisations with a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all the open source software and support needed to build IT systems to build online services for citizens.
OpenITGov is also kicking off a competition at the Think G-Cloud Summit for qualified public sector organisations to win three packages of partner software applications (excluding Infobright) and services, valued at £50,000, £25,000 and £10,000. Interested public sector organisations can enter here until 31 December.
The partnership is formed of established open source software companies whose products have a proven track record of enabling public sector services in mission-critical applications across Europe and the US including:
- Entando - flexible platform for building web portals that can be used for teamspaces, project collaboration, citizen information and engagement websites and much more.
- Jaspersoft - business intelligence software for enabling better decision making through highly interactive, web-based reports, dashboards and analysis.
- Infobright - an advanced analytics database designed for machine-generated and ‘big data’
- Green Vulcano - an open source enterprise service bus that serves as the ‘glue’ to integrate all your new and legacy applications and also eliminate the complexity associated with having to maintain the integrated applications.
- Red Hat - providing the celebrated Linux operating system and JBoss software, providing application services behind the scenes like data security, transaction support and load balancing.
Benefits for public sector organisations that opt for the OpenITGov software over proprietary software ‘stacks’ include:
- Much lower total cost of ownership - open source alternatives to proprietary software cost as little as 10% of that of proprietary alternatives and come with no royalties or license fees.
- Cloud or on-premise - open source software is engineered for modern cloud architectures but can be just as easily deployed on premise.
- 100% software interoperability and reusability - share your code and components with other government departments to create joined-up applications, royalty-free
- User-friendly, modern applications – applications built with the OpenITGov software have modern user interfaces and require minimal to no training
- Flexible and free - you never know what your future requirements will be so with OpenITGov you won’t get locked into a costly and proprietary jail. All the source code is freely available and totally customisable.
- Single point of contact for support - OpenITGov will provide you with a single point of contact for all your support requirements, an expert support team and of course you’ll also have access to the open source communities that further support these software applications.
Pricing and availability
The pricing for the full OpenITGov package, which includes software from all the partners and customer support is £50,000, a savings of between 50 – 75 percent when compared to purchasing each product separately.
OpenITGov is available immediately through authorised partners across Europe including Redburn Information Solutions, RealT and ETT.
About the OpenITGov Alliance
OpenITGov is a technology alliance that provides a fully integrated set of open source software alternatives that enable low-cost, modern and engaging software applications for the new public sector. OpenITGov includes enterprise portal software from Entando; business intelligence software from Jaspersoft; analytics database from Infobright; enterprise service bus from Green Vulcano and Red Hat’s Linux operating system and Jboss application server. For more information, please visit http://www.openitgov.org/