Oct. 25 Webinar Takes an In-Depth Look at CMS’s Recently Released Star-Rating Scores
Experts from Optum and Inovalon will discuss CMS’s new star ratings in an Oct. 25 webinar, sponsored by Atlantic Information Services.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 18, 2012
Atlantic Information Services is pleased to announce its Oct. 25 webinar,“New Star-Rating Scores: Strategies for Medicare Health Plans and Providers,” an in-depth look at the impact on Medicare Advantage and Part D plans of the final 2013 star ratings released by CMS last week.
While Medicare’s star ratings for quality are not new, every year they become more crucial to health plan success in the Medicare Advantage and Part D programs. With CMS’s release of final 2013 star ratings on Oct. 12, some Medicare Advantage and Part D plans are positioned to win more members and earn higher revenue, while others are bracing for a low-performer icon on the Medicare Plan Finder website. As beneficiaries increasingly rely on these ratings to select their plans, the number of stars that plans receive from CMS will have a direct impact on their growth and profitability, since quality bonuses could total as much as 5% for MA plans. And these bonuses will be critical to MA plans as payment rates decrease.
In a 60-minute presentation, followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, Scott J. Fries, a senior vice president with Optum, and Kristian J. Marquez, senior director of the clinical & quality outcomes department at Inovalon, Inc, will address the following questions:
- Which types of plans scored best and worst in 2013 star ratings? Which showed the greatest change?
- Which of CMS’s star-rating domains are MA and Part D plans finding the hardest to affect? Which present the greatest opportunities for future impact?
- How did plans fare with the newest star-ratings measures, such as year-to-year quality improvement or care coordination?
- Which measures dragged down plan performance? Were drug-related measures a big factor?
- How are plans’ marketing strategies affected by competitors’ actual 2013 star ratings?
- How did plans’ scores correlate with HEDIS performance?
- How will the star-rating program change for 2014 and subsequent years?
For more details and registration information for this Oct. 25 webinar, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2a37_102512.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, including Medicare Advantage News, Health Plan Week, AIS's Health Reform Week and Drug Benefit News, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10021478.htm