IHG Takes Meetings Online with Passkey’s GroupMAX™ Technology
Innovative hotel booking tool provides meeting planners and attendees a seamless experience with less work, less worry and less risk.
Singapore and Waltham, MA, USA (PRWEB) October 23, 2012
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) has launched a new meetings and events booking tool across 23 of its Australian and New Zealand properties, giving meeting attendees a seamless way to book their hotel rooms and planners a more efficient process to work with IHG hotels.
The industry-leading GroupMAX reservations technology, developed by USA-based Passkey, allows hotels, event planners and attendees to fully automate their group reservations process — offering more convenience, greater economic value and a more streamlined meetings process for all parties.
Hosted entirely online, GroupMAX is designed for use by any standard web browser or smartphone. It is also equipped to handle various unique business needs including multiple types of events and attendees, as well as a wide range of booking methods, payment types, languages and currencies.
“IHG recognizes the role technology plays in hotel service delivery — especially with regard to our MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions) clientele,” says Anne Gill, IHG Director, Commercial, Australasia. “We are confident the new tool will foster tighter relationships between its hotels, clients and guests, and that its deployment will provide the hotels with actionable insights into their MICE business.”
The 23 IHG properties deploying GroupMAX will be equipped with a suite of tools that ensure peace-of-mind and higher levels of service for clients and attendees including:
- Online Hotel Booking: Attendees can now look forward to the convenience of web and mobile hotel reservations, and will be able to enjoy a wide range of accommodation and amenity options, on top of the exclusive offers negotiated specifically for the event. Hotel availability and rates are displayed online, helping to encourage more attendees to book within the block, and availability can also be embedded across various social networks, taking “block visibility” to an advanced new level.
- Live Event Tracking: Meeting organizers can optimize their room block contracts with a set of online tools including live tracking, accurate reporting and proactive “smart alerts” for attendees. In turn, the real-time tracking helps meeting planners better mitigate financial risks.
- Automated Room Lists: MICE organizers will appreciate all attendee data contained in GroupMAX´s room list tool is PCI (Payment Card Industry) secure — eliminating the risk associated with transferring private financial detail across email. The automated room list tool also enables planners to self-manage any amendments to the booking — removing back and forth between the organizer and hotel.
- Increased Pick-up: GroupMAX enables forward-thinking planners to deploy automated email reminders to attendees, thus gaining traction over control of a room block. This pre-emptive tool can detect poor pick-up against historical pace, helping to keep the planner better informed, and potentially negating the need for post event audits.
- Professional Email Marketing: The 23 participating IHG hotels are able to leverage GroupMAX´s integrated email marketing platform to create new service opportunities which can be communicated to attendees prior to arrival, during the event/conference and after they have departed. The new service opportunities include accommodation upgrades and special food and beverage offers.
IHG is now a key user of Passkey in Asia-Pacific (consisting of Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South-East Asia and Greater China) with 30 properties within the company´s regional portfolio utilizing Passkey´s GroupMAX tool.
*Note to Editors
The 19 IHG properties using GroupMAX in Australia are:
- InterContinental Adelaide
- InterContinental Sydney
- Crowne Plaza Adelaide
- Crowne Plaza Alice Springs
- Crowne Plaza Canberra
- Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach
- Crowne Plaza Darwin
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne
- Crowne Plaza Newcastle
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
- Crowne Plaza Terrigal
- Crowne Plaza Perth
- Holiday Inn Cairns
- Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
- Holiday Inn Darwin
- Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
- Holiday Inn Potts Point
- Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
The 4 IHG properties using GroupMAX in New Zealand are:
- InterContinental Wellington
- Crowne Plaza Auckland
- Crowne Plaza Queenstown
- Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organization with nine hotel brands including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn® Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, as well as our two newest brands, EVEN Hotels and HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts. IHG also manages Priority Club® Rewards, the world´s first and largest hotel loyalty programme with over 67 million members worldwide. IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns over 4,500 hotels and more than 666,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries and territories. With more than 1,000 hotels in its development pipeline, IHG expects to recruit around 90,000 people into additional roles across its estate over the next few years. InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group´s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales.
About Passkey International, Inc.
Passkey (http://www.passkey.com) is the travel industry’s de-facto standard hotel booking technology for meetings and events. The Company’s cloud-based platform, GroupMAX, is used by thousands of hotels, destinations and meeting planners worldwide to manage the hotel accommodation process for events of every size. At the heart of GroupMAX is the ability for clients to offer event-specific web/mobile booking sites for event attendees to book their hotel rooms online while enjoying multiple stay and upgrade options. With offices in the US, the UK and Singapore, the Passkey global network now includes over 90% of major US and UK Convention and Visitors Bureaus, as well as a wide range of hotels, casinos, resorts, meeting planners, corporations and meeting management companies.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/10/prweb10042299.htm