Leading analyst firm positions Lexmark in Leaders Quadrant of 2012 MFP and printer report
LEXINGTON, Ky., Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) has been positioned by leading industry analyst firm Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of their 2012 MFP and Printer Magic Quadrant(1).
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/48242-lexmark-leaders-quadrant-2012-mfp-printer-report
Gartner issues independent multivendor reports that position vendors based on their “completeness of vision” and “ability to execute.” In the report, Gartner defines Leaders as the following:
- Leaders are the most capable in providing MFPs (including SMFPs), printers and the associated printing solutions and services, regardless of customer location.
- Providers in the Leaders quadrant offer the most extensive product portfolio relative to their peers, and they have the broad channel capability to deliver the products to customers where they want to procure them.
- Leaders hold consistently high market share worldwide and are capable of delivering consistent service levels in the regions where Gartner customers are located.
- Leaders tend to have the deepest global capability and the inventiveness and resources, skills and vision to deliver superior levels of support to existing and future customers globally.
- Leaders have a proven track record of channeling R&D initiatives into products and solutions that customers need.
As evidenced by Lexmark’s recent laser product announcement, the company is extending its leadership in smart MFPs with several next-generation devices, that when combined with the Perceptive Software portfolio, increase productivity by enabling users to submit and access their data at the right time and in the right format. With a wide breadth of laser product offerings, Lexmark can provide the best product to address a customer’s unique requirements.
“Lexmark’s smart printers and MFPs are designed to be intelligent in order to increase our customer’s productivity and flexibility,” said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. “When we combine Lexmark’s innovative hardware with world-class services and Perceptive’s software portfolio, we can provide a broad array of industry-specific solutions that are completely adaptable to any customer’s environment to best meet their needs.”
 Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for MFPs and Printers, Worldwide, Sharon McNee, Federico De Silva, October 24, 2012.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a Lexmark company, is a leading provider of process and content management software that helps organizations fuel greater operational efficiency. In 2011, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported more than $4 billion in revenue.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.