New England College Again Designated a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs
TAMPA, Fla., Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — For the fourth straight year, G.I. Jobs has named New England College (NEC) to its list of Military Friendly Schools(® )for 2013. This sought-after designation honors the top 15% of colleges and universities nationwide that exemplify support of America’s servicemembers and veterans.
The recognition reflects NEC’s decades-long commitment to the U.S. Armed Forces. Founded in 1946 to meet the educational needs of veterans returning from World War II, NEC continues its proud tradition of support to active duty personnel and veterans, as well as to their spouses and dependents, with special programs, substantial financial assistance and other benefits, including:
- Special Military Tuition Rates: Active-duty servicemembers seeking an undergraduate degree may attend NEC for only $250 per credit hour. Reservists, Guardsmen and veterans, plus spouses or dependents of disabled or deceased veterans receive an exclusive 10% savings on undergraduate tuition.
- ACE Credits: NEC recognizes the value of military training, and evaluates SMART transcripts for credit transfer. NEC also accepts DANTES and PONSI credits.
- Convenient 100% Online Programs: Military students can arrange studies around their duty schedules and deployments. With a computer and an Internet connection, they may access their courses wherever they may be and whenever it’s convenient.
- No Exit Penalties: Servicemembers with temporary duty assignments may exit and re-enter degree programs online with no penalties.
- Beneficial Memberships: NEC is a proud participant in the Post-9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program and is a leading member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium.
“Our commitment to the men and women who have sacrificed for our country has earned NEC the Military Friendly School designation every year since the list’s inception,” said Dr. Philip Cate Huckins, Director of Veterans Services. “Our welcoming environment, ongoing support and 100% online programs make it possible to earn a degree while balancing military duties, family and other responsibilities. NEC is focused on helping servicemembers, veterans and their families to succeed, whether in the military or in civilian life.”
New England College provides military personnel and veterans with access to in-demand skills and knowledge, with online business administration and liberal arts degree programs, including:
- Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, with an option of four specializations:
- Computer Science
Each of NEC’s 100% online degree programs features professor-led instruction with video-based lectures, powered by University Alliance. Students may access a dynamic e-learning platform with streaming videos, interactive chat rooms and discussion boards, and downloadable MP3 and MP4 lectures – all available 24/7.
For more information about the 2013 Military Friendly Schools list, visit www.militaryfriendlyschools.com.
To learn more about NEC’s programs for servicemembers, visit www.newenglandcollegeonline.com.
About New England College
Founded in 1946 in Henniker, New Hampshire, New England College began as an educational institution for servicemembers returning from war. Today, NEC is home to undergraduate and graduate students from more than 30 states and 20 countries. Rooted in a strong liberal arts foundation, NEC promotes personal achievement, civic engagement and social responsibility. The college is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC) through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
About University Alliance
The University Alliance (UA) facilitates the promotion and online delivery of associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degrees as well as professional certificate programs from the nation’s leading traditional universities and institutions. Powered by UA’s technology and support services, its university partners have surpassed 450,000 online enrollments – making UA the largest facilitator of e-learning in the country.
Sandy Levine, VP of Marketing Services
Bisk Education/University Alliance Online
9417 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa, FL 33619
813-621-6200, ext. 328
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE New England College