Terracotta Achieves Record Results, Invests in Top Talent, Expands Customer Base and Furthers Product Innovation in 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Terracotta, Inc., the leader in in-memory technologies for enterprise big data, today announced record results for the first three quarters of 2012, placing the company on track to more than triple last year’s revenue. Driven by the growing demand for big data in-memory solutions, revenue has increased by 300 percent since Terracotta was acquired by Software AG in 2011.
Faced with exploding data volumes and a need to instantaneously analyze and act on business information, companies are struggling with current data solutions that fail to provide the speed and scale their businesses require. Terracotta’s BigMemory products unlock the value in big data, delivering a comprehensive solution for real-time access to and analysis of hundreds of terabytes of business data, at up to 1,000 times faster speed than traditional data management technologies.
2012 has already been a banner year for Terracotta as demonstrated by several key measurements including:
- New customer wins. Within the last nine months, Terracotta signed deals with a number of global brands and enterprise customers including Discover, PayPal, Nielsen, Digital Globe, UPS and Sabre Holding as well as some top-level federal agencies.
- A 25 percent increase in product downloads year over year; 2.1 million developers have downloaded Terracotta products, representing over 2.5 million individual deployments.
- A 300 percent increase in year over year revenue.
“In-memory technology has emerged as a highly desirable component of Big Data initiatives due to rapid advancements in server RAM capacities and application design. Solutions, such as Terracotta’s BigMemory, can be used by companies in any industry to effectively scale their data infrastructure and support the high performance applications that drive their business,” said Nathaniel Rowe, research analyst, Aberdeen Group. “Aberdeen’s research shows a high demand for these in-memory solutions, with companies planning to more than double the adoption rate of this technology in the next 12 to 24 months.”
Terracotta continues to drive the in-memory data management market, extending the value of its flagship BigMemory product line.
- In July, the company unveiled significant enhancements to BigMemory scalability, search and security.
- In September, Terracotta launched BigMemory Go – featuring unlimited RAM on a single node and up to 32GB of free in-memory storage.
- Also in September, Terracotta was selected as the winner of the 2012 DataWeek Award for Top Innovator in the “Big Data Technology” category for BigMemory, the industry’s leading in-memory big data management solution.
- Additional product updates are expected in January 2013.
Terracotta made significant investments in its executive team in the last two months, adding valuable depth across several key areas.
- In September of 2012, Robin Gilthorpe joined Terracotta as CEO, bringing 20 years of international management experience to the company. Gilthorpe was most recently senior vice president, Americas at TIBCO Software Inc.
- Terracotta recently appointed Gagan Mehra as chief evangelist. Mehra brings over 15 years of experience creating and implementing digital strategies for leading technology companies. Prior to joining Terracotta, Mehra was a leader within Deloitte Consulting’s Digital practice.
- Paul Turner has also joined Terracotta as vice president, global technical services, spearheading the company’s technical pre-sales, professional services and support. With over 20 years of experience, Turner excels at building world-class teams and providing leadership to deliver outstanding customer service.
“Everyone wants fast access to big data to make informed decisions as quickly as possible. Keeping high-value business data in memory, where access speeds are real-time, is the best way to ensure it is available when needed,” said Robin Gilthorpe, CEO of Terracotta. “Terracotta’s record growth throughout 2012 further demonstrates that BigMemory is a disruptive technology that is filling a huge void that legacy platforms simply cannot address. We will continue to drive further value and innovation for our global customers in the fourth quarter and in years to come.”
About Terracotta, Inc.
Terracotta, Inc. is a leading provider of game changing Big Data management solutions for the enterprise. Its flagship BigMemory product line features Big Data in-memory solutions that deliver performance at any scale. Terracotta’s other award winning data management solutions include Ehcache, the de facto caching standard and Quartz the de facto scheduler for enterprise Java. Terracotta supports the data management needs of a majority of the Global 1000 with over 500,000 deployments of its products. Terracotta is a wholly owned subsidiary of Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW). For more information, please visit www.terracotta.org.
SOURCE Terracotta, Inc.