GreatCall® Simplifies the Smartphone Experience with the New Jitterbug® Touch
SAN DIEGO, Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — GreatCall, Inc., a leader in wireless services that help people stay connected, safe and healthy, today announced the launch of the new Jitterbug Touch. The latest addition to GreatCall’s growing family of cell phones, Jitterbug Touch offers customers a unique combination of a simplified user interface with the power and flexibility of Android(TM). The Jitterbug Touch is an entry-level smartphone that customers will actually enjoy using, as it is ideal for anyone who wants a simple and affordable way to stay connected with family and friends.
Jitterbug Touch is Easy To Use
GreatCall has utilized the popular and well-received Kyocera Milano as the perfect choice for its customers. With its distinct round shape and soft-touch finish, it has a low profile that makes it easy to hold and slide into a pocket. The full slide out QWERTY keyboard has big buttons for easily and accurately typing messages.
By adding GreatCall’s signature user interface, the Jitterbug Touch offers a simple solution for the less advanced smartphone users, who may be frustrated or intimidated by the navigation required by traditional smartphones. With the simplified user interface, customers can quickly and easily access everything that is important to them, like their favorite contacts and apps, right from the main menu. The main menu also streamlines navigation by laying out all options in a scrolling list with large fonts, so customers don’t have to wade through dozens of small icons or features they may never even use.
The Jitterbug Touch is also designed to evolve with the user’s needs, allowing them to enjoy everything that Android has to offer, including browsing the Web and access to over 600,000 apps available in the Google Play store.
Jitterbug Touch Offers Simplified Access to Featured Apps and Customer Service
Jitterbug Touch allows users to quickly view and download featured apps without having to search through the Google Play store. These include apps recommended by AARP as well as GreatCall’s health and medical apps to enhance the user’s lifestyle. By adding any of the featured apps, customers can:
- Get immediate help whenever and wherever they need it with GreatCall’s 5Star Urgent Response service. Just tap the app, and users can speak to a Certified Response Agent who will determine their location, evaluate the situation, and get them the help they need.
- Stay on track with their medications by using GreatCall’s MedCoach app. With MedCoach, users can easily follow their medication and vitamin schedule with friendly reminder messages delivered to the Jitterbug Touch.
- Socialize, stay informed and entertained with apps recommended by AARP like CNN, ESPN Score Center, Flixster, OpenTable, Sudoku and Kayak.
To further simplify the smartphone experience, there is a helpful GreatCall logo onscreen at all times, that customers can use to find answers. One touch of the logo, and users can easily get help from a live Customer Care Agent 24/7, who can help them with their account, their plans, and even with their phone if need be. Customers can also quickly access a Usage Meter to check minute, text and data usage right from their phone, instead of having to call or login to their account online. And if users ever get overwhelmed, they can use GreatCall’s Shake for Help(TM) service, for instructional tips on how to navigate the smartphone.
“We listened to our customers and have created a smartphone offering that fits their needs – reduced clutter, simplicity, no contracts and low monthly fees,” said David Inns, CEO of GreatCall. “All while still providing the flexibility to enjoy the full Android experience if they want it.”
Jitterbug Touch Offers Affordable Data Plans
GreatCall’s new data plans are designed for people who want the flexibility to use their smartphones more on certain occasions, but who may use less data per month than average. Combined with the award-winning health and safety services and features offered by GreatCall, the new data plans are a compelling offer for users seeking an easy-to-use and budget friendly wireless service.
With the Jitterbug Touch, getting started is easy, as customers can choose from several options of low cost data plans. The “Get Started” plan provides customers 10MB of data for only $2.49 per month, currently the lowest monthly smartphone data plan of any wireless provider. As customers become more familiar with their data usage, GreatCall offers a variety of affordable, no-contract data plans, accommodating the light user all the way up to a heavy user with plans ranging up to 500MB per month.
The Jitterbug Touch has no contracts and is priced at $169, with a limited time introductory price of $149, and is available directly from GreatCall.
Included in all of GreatCall’s monthly plans are some additional noteworthy features:
- GreatCall will never ask you to sign a contract
- Powered by one of the nation’s largest, most dependable wireless networks
- 100% U.S. Based Customer Service available 24/7
- No long distance or roaming charges
Key Features of the New Jitterbug Touch:
- Easy to use right out of the box
- Simplified main menu lists all your apps and contacts
- Powered by Android operating system
- Responsive touch screen for quick navigation
- Full, slide-out keyboard with big buttons
- View minute, text and data usage right from your phone
- 3.2 MP camera with auto-focus and video camcorder
- Synch with your email account to send, receive and compose emails
- Quickly make calls just by speaking into phone with Voice Dialer
- Eco Mode manages battery power consumption
- Hearing aid compatible with M4/T4 rating
- Talk Time: Up to 7.65 hours
- Screen: 3.0″ QVGA TFT LCD (240 x 320 pixels)
- Operating System: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Memory: 512MB / 512MB 2GB microSD memory card included (supports up to 32GB)
- Battery Type: 1490 mAh Lithium ion (LiIon)
- Size: 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.7 in (105.0 x 61.0 x 17.1 mm)
- Weight: 5.6 ounces (158 grams)
About GreatCall, Inc.
GreatCall is a company of “People You Can Count On” to deliver wireless services that help keep customers connected, safe and healthy((TM)). The company stands apart from other wireless services providers through its simplified, personalized and humanized approach, as well as its commitment to providing a high quality customer service experience. The company has been widely praised for its ability to deliver the benefits of innovation and technology in a meaningful and easy-to-use format. GreatCall has received prominent national media accolades from the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, Washington Post and major TV broadcast networks.
GreatCall’s services, apps, and cell phone handsets, including The 5Star((TM)) and the Jitterbug(®) are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Walmart, Best Buy, Sears, Radio Shack Dealer Franchise, Fry’s Electronics and ShopKo, as well as direct to consumers at 1-800-918-8543 and online at GreatCall.com. Service coverage includes the U.S. and Canada. GreatCall is located in San Diego, CA.
To learn more about all available GreatCall products and services, please visit: http://www.greatcall.com/jitterbug. This GreatCall news release and other announcements are available at http://www.greatcall.com/buzz. Or follow our news on Twitter @GreatCallInc and on Facebook facebook.com/greatcall. For access to company logos and high-resolution images and screen shots, please visit: www.greatcall.com/assets.
SOURCE GreatCall, Inc.