Flexstar Announces World’s Only Full-Scale Testing-as-a-Service for SSD, HDD and PCIe Storage Devices
FREMONT, Calif., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Flexstar Technology, Inc., a leading provider of test and measurement solutions for technology manufacturers, has announced the firm is offering the world’s only full-scale testing service for Solid-State Drives (SSD), Hard Disk Drives (HDD) Peripheral Component Interface express (PCIe) and hybrid storage devices. Founded on a complete suite of test scripts developed over 30 years, Flexstar’s testing-as-a-service (TaaS) program covers all stages of the manufacturing process, testing on the firm’s acclaimed F-Series environmental, burn-in and ambient test systems.
Flexstar’s TaaS program provides the proof that manufacturers and their customers require that their products have been thoroughly tested with a third-party guarantee of quality, including certification for Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) and JEDEC Solid State Technology Association standards.
“Customers can double or even triple their testing capacity very quickly through our TaaS service,” commented Kevin Donovan, Flexstar’s Vice President of Test Services. “We can reduce the start up process for the in-house manufacturing testing from many months to two weeks or less.”
This dramatic shortening of the start up process enables new manufacturers to go to market more quickly, and save on capital equipment expenses. Manufacturers can also take advantage of the service to smooth out production peaks, reducing costs by as much as 35% because they can staff for average production rate requirements instead of peaks.
Flexstar’s TaaS program offers the following suite of tests, spanning the entire manufacturing process:
- Engineering Verification Testing (EVT)
- Design Verification Testing (DVT)
- Reliability Demonstration Testing (RDT)
- Ongoing Reliability Testing (ORT)
- Qualification testing (OEM)
- SNIA and/or JEDEC certification
- Production test services
Flexstar’s F-Series test systems feature:
- 500+ unit capacities
- System temperature ranges from -40 degrees C to +85 degrees C
- System motherboards based on the high-speed SBC-5 architecture for the highest performance possible today
- Humidity ranges of up to 20% to 80% with a live load
- Comprehensive library of test scripts designed for SSDs, PCIe and HDD
- Test pricing as low as $.75 per drive (based on production quantities)
Flexstar’s TaaS program is available in the United States directly from the company, or through VARs or independent distributors in Europe and Asia. For more information about the program, call +1 408-643-7041.
For More Information, Contact:
Kevin Donovan, Vice President of Test Services
Phone: +1 408-643-7041
SOURCE Flexstar Technology, Inc.