LifeProof Fre Case Gives iPhone 5 Users Freedom to Go Everywhere and Do Everything
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — LifeProof, the award-winning maker of all-protective, everyday cases for smartphones and tablets, today announced the LifeProof Fr?, a water proof, dirt proof, snow proof and shock proof case for the Apple iPhone 5. The most recent in a line of industry-defining cases, the LifeProof Fr? provides protection from Mother Nature as well as from drops, scratches, sweat, dirt and other hazards of daily living.
The LifeProof Fr? was custom engineered to protect and enhance the thinner, more sensitive iPhone 5 and to optimize every feature and function, including the speakers, volume controls, larger touch screen, and enhanced front and back cameras. The case protects the headphone jack and charge port, while ensuring they are fully accessible. Additionally, the case protects the speakers and microphones while actually improving the speaker sound, and the clear window on the back showcases the beauty of the Apple design.
The LifeProof Fr? went through independent lab testing to meet military standards for shock and impact protection, and has an IP-68 rating for water, dirt, and snow protection. In addition, every single LifeProof case is water-tested at the factory before shipping to customers. Yet the LifeProof case adds only 1.5mm of thickness to the footprint of the phone.
“Thanks to an army of engineers working 24/7 on three continents, the LifeProof Fr? for iPhone 5 is our sleekest, most elegant case yet,” said Gary Rayner, CEO of LifeProof. “We’re extremely proud to be able to offer a first-class iPhone 5 case to the millions of users who want the freedom to take their iPhone 5 everywhere their life, adventures or work takes them.”
The LifeProof Fr? comes in both black and white colors and is priced at $79.99. The LifeProof Fr? is available exclusively at Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile specialty stores nationwide and at www.lifeproof.com.
LifeProof Fr? for iPhone 5 Features:
- Lightweight and sleek, weighs only 1.05 oz / 29.8 grams
- Water proof and fully submersible down to 6.6 feet / 2 meters.
- Ingress protection rated to IP-68 and completely sealed from water and dust particles.
- Shock proof to Military Standard 810F-516 to withstand drops from 6.6 feet / 2 meters.
- LifeProof’s CrystalClear double anti-reflective (AR) coated camera-grade glass lens delivers the sharpest images possible, with perfect camera flash operation.
- LifeProof’s ClearVoice system takes full advantage of the iPhone 5 microphone and Siri voice activation while in the case.
- LifeProof’s patent-pending Sound Enhancement System (SES) improves the bass and mid-frequency speaker response by utilizing the back of the case as a sub-woofer for a richer, fuller sound.
Apple iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.
LifeProof’s company mantra is Freedom; LifeProof designs, manufactures and markets an entirely new category of products designed to give people more freedom from environmental constraints. Based in San Diego, LifeProof offers elegant and protective cases for Smartphones and Tablet PCs that enable full functionality and interactivity under any condition encountered in daily life. The registered brand name ‘LifeProof’ is inspired by the protection and fully functional convenient operation of the device in water, mud, dirt, or snow. For more information, visit www.lifeproof.com.