Agile Development Simplified with VersionOne’s New TeamRoom
ATLANTA, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — VersionOne, recognized by agile practitioners as the leader in agile project management tools, today announced the availability of its Fall 2012 Release with an innovative new TeamRoom environment. TeamRoom is a simple, lightweight team-based environment dedicated to supporting the daily activities of today’s agile development teams. In addition to TeamRoom, innovative new visualizations, Kanban improvements, and new reporting capabilities round out the release.
TeamRoom supports team members’ daily activities, providing interactive storyboards and taskboards, integrated team communication, and helpful information for daily stand-ups. Developers can easily customize their TeamRoom with mascots and avatars, select the information panels to display that are important to them, and even implement their own team-based WIP limits.
“Today’s agile project management tools cater to either the development team or the project manager, but not both,” said VersionOne President and CEO, Robert Holler. “With our latest release, software organizations finally get the benefit of both an enterprise agile lifecycle management tool for roll-up and reporting purposes along with a simple, streamlined team experience. By allowing TeamRooms to be uniquely configured by the team with team mascots, personal avatars, custom views, and their own WIP limits, the personality of teams can take front-and-center, yet still provide the visibility needs of the enterprise.”
“TeamRoom creates the perfect lightweight planning and tracking environment for an agile team in larger organizations,” said Eddy Hernandez, Web Developer at Rackspace, a San Antonio, TX-based open cloud services provider. “It harnesses that natural collaboration you get when team members are a shoulder tap away. Whether you’re a new member to the team or a just an outsider looking in, TeamRoom provides the transparency needed to quickly spin up on a project with minimal overhead.”
Additional features being introduced in VersionOne’s Fall 2012 Release include:
- Epic Visualization – helps product managers see and navigate from top-to-bottom across their epic and story hierarchies.
- Relationship Visualization – enables everyone to understand relationships between workitems flowing through the development cycle.
- Storyboard Aging – shows the time workitems have been in process, helping teams identify stalled stories and potential project impediments.
- Multi-Column WIP Limits - allows teams to set WIP limits across multiple statuses for more granular process control.
- Project Summary Reporting – enhanced reporting for teams to track their projects’ health over time.
- Timesheet Reporting via CA Clarity - enhancements to the CA Clarity(TM) Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) integration to integrate time reporting and prevent duplicate entry.
VersionOne is recognized by agile practitioners as the leader in agile project management tools. By simplifying the planning and tracking of agile projects, we help teams deliver better software faster. Since 2002, companies such as Adobe, Boeing, bwin, Intuit, Lilly, Lockheed Martin, Oppenheimer, Qualcomm, Sabre and Siemens have turned to VersionOne. Today more than 50,000 teams around the world use VersionOne. For daily VersionOne and agile development news follow us on Google+, Twitter, Facebook and our blogs. Agile Made Easier @ VersionOne.com.