Flint Redefines Easy iPhone Payments for On-The-Go Businesses
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Flint Mobile, Inc. (www.flint.com) announced at the Under The Radar conference today that its iPhone payments app is now generally available nationwide on the App Store. Flint is designed for people who work outside of traditional retail storefronts and need an easy way to accept credit cards. Many of these businesses are service oriented and have fundamentally different needs to efficiently manage their business on-the-go. Flint is the only mobile app built to specifically to serve this audience and provides three core advantages: 1) Easy credit and debit card processing by scanning the card number instead of needing a card reader accessory; 2) Integrated social marketing; and 3) Customizable business tools to increase customer engagement.
Previously available in an invite-only beta, the app can now be downloaded for free in the Apple App Store. Users can activate their account in minutes through the app or at www.flint.com and immediately realize the full benefits of Flint without waiting to get any additional hardware.
Flint has seen encouraging early results, with customer signups across all fifty states from a wide variety of businesses, such as photographers, therapists, consultants, fitness trainers, computer and IT professionals, caterers, crafts makers, handymen and beauty professionals. Based on US census data, there are approximately 17 million small businesses that fit this profile. Among Flint’s current users is Aaron Potratz, a licensed professional counselor in Beaverton, Oregon, who said, “I have tried many other mobile payments apps, but between getting rid of the dongle and making it very easy to customize messaging to my customers right from the phone, Flint has become my preferred debit/credit card processing solution.”
Founded in 2011, Flint has spent the last 18 months building its platform. The company has integrated with top tier financial services and infrastructure companies to offer a reliable, secure, and scalable product.
Features & Benefits:
- Easy Payment Processing: All you need is your phone. Simply scan the main card number using the Flint app and enter the card verification info; no data or image is stored on the phone. Keyed entry supported as backup mode.
- Social Marketing: Generate word-of-mouth marketing by empowering your customers to easily share reviews and recommendations with friends and to simultaneously post on your business page on Facebook (if you have one).
- Customizable Business Tools: Personalize receipts with your own messaging, send simple loyalty offers, configure your items menu, enable sales tax and tipping, and view transaction details, all right from the mobile app.
- Online Reporting: View and manage transactions, customer contact info, social media activity, and your profile through our user-friendly web portal.
- Zero-Friction Setup: Start processing payments within minutes–there’s no merchant account needed and no waiting to get a card reader.
- iPhone 5 Friendly: Since all you need with Flint is the mobile app, it doesn’t matter that the jack for card readers is now on the bottom of the phone.
- Low Fees: 1.95% + $0.20 per transaction for debit cards and 2.95% + $0.20 per transaction for credit cards. Recent research indicates that debit cards are the preferred payment mode for U.S. consumers.*
“Flint’s mission is to empower everyday small business users who are out and about and who are underserved by other solutions,” said Greg Goldfarb, co-founder and CEO of Flint Mobile. “We’ve worked very closely with our beta users to develop a compelling app and are excited to make it available to a broader audience.”
Flint can be downloaded for free in the U.S. App Store at
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5; iOS 5.0 or above.
About Flint Mobile, Inc.
Flint is the mobile payments company that is creating the easiest way for mobile, non-countertop businesses to accept credit cards and find new customers through social marketing. The company’s iPhone app enables users to accept credit card payments easily and securely using only their phone – without any additional hardware. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Redwood City, California, Flint is backed by top-tier venture capital firms Storm Ventures and True Ventures. For more information, visit www.flint.com.
All third party logos and trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
* 2012 Consumer Debit Payment Choice Research Study, Mercator Advisory Group / TSYS, October 2012
Media Contact: Company Contact Matt McAllister Greg Goldfarb Fluid PR, Inc. Flint Mobile, Inc. (510) 229-9707 (650) 430-5757 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Flint Mobile, Inc.