Personal Capital Launches Android App
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Personal Capital’s breakthrough financial service – named “one of the most important online banking innovations of all time”(1) – is now available for free on the Android Marketplace to the 50 million US users of Android phones.
“All of us need a better way to manage our money,” said Bill Harris, CEO of Personal Capital. “And for Android users, this is it. All your information – from banks, brokers, and credit cards – in the palm of your hand … make payments with a single tap … take control of your money, even when you’re on the road.”
“Android has become a leading player in the global smartphone market,” said Deep Nishar, SVP Products and User Experience at LinkedIn, who started and managed Google’s mobile initiatives in the mid-late 2000s. A member of Personal Capital’s Advisory Board, Deep has helped drive Personal Capital’s mobile-first strategy. “Almost three quarters of Personal Capital users manage their money using mobile devices,” said Nishar, “and 52.2% of smartphone users in the US are now Android users.”(2)
The Android app provides:
- Everything in One Place. All your bank, broker, credit card and investment accounts – balances, transactions and holdings – together and at your fingertips.
- Cash Flow. Monitor your spending by category and account – know what you’re spending and saving every day, week and month.
- Investments. Keep track of your investments – not just stock prices, but more important things like asset allocation and mutual fund fees.
- Stock Options. One in four working people have stock options – trace their current and future value as part of your total financial picture.
- Payments and Transfers. From one screen, move money from any account to any account, biller or payee.
Personal Capital customer and Android user Mark Keaton said, “The service was always good on my PC at home but finally being able to see everything on the go has been a game changer.”
About Personal Capital
Developed by a team of high-tech and finance veterans, Personal Capital combines technology with personal service to create an entirely new way to manage your money – all of your money, at all your banks and brokers. Our free service effortlessly gathers all your financial data in one place, and helps you take control of your financial life. To learn more, please call 855-855-8005 or visit PersonalCapital.com.
SOURCE Personal Capital