snom Delivers Complete Portfolio of IP Phones Tested and Qualified for Microsoft Lync
Six snom UC edition phones now fully interoperable with Microsoft Lync, providing organizations with an array of affordable, full-featured IP phones supporting business communications in Lync environments.
Berlin and Woburn, Mass. (PRWEB) December 06, 2012
snom technology AG, a leading developer of IP desktop phones and communications solutions, announced today six snom UC edition IP phones are now “Qualified for Microsoft Lync.” The offering will provide businesses with the largest and most complete portfolio of full-featured, standards-based IP desktop phones fully compatible and interoperable with Microsoft Lync Server 2010.
The snom 7xx series — featuring the snom 710, 720 and 760 IP phones — the snom 300 and 370, and the snom 821 all use snom´s new Apollo firmware and have successfully passed the Microsoft Compatible Devices Program´s rigorous testing process. The snom UC edition portfolio offers businesses deploying Microsoft´s enterprise unified communications solution a wide range of phones meeting all organizational needs — from advanced executive suite business phones to entry-level Lync endpoints for the company lobby.
“The qualification of these six snom UC edition desktop phones with Microsoft Lync gives organizations versatility and flexibility in selecting and installing endpoints that closely align with business processes. The phones are sophisticated, yet affordable, and support a rich set of advanced Lync features,” said Michael Knieling, COO, snom technology AG. “snom´s partners can now offer their business customers the widest selection of full-featured, standards-based IP phones.”
These six Lync-qualified snom UC edition phones integrate seamlessly within Microsoft Lync Server deployment environments and deliver rich wideband HD voice call quality. Select models of the phones support IP PBX capabilities, including call parking, music on hold, boss/admin and integrated presence functionality. In addition, the phones support enhanced server provisioning and management capabilities for fast and efficient configuration and deployment with Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Voice.
“snom continues to set the standard for SIP phone innovation with Microsoft Lync,” said Giovanni Mezgec, General Manager of Microsoft Lync. “The combination of snom´s new Lync firmware and expanded portfolio raises the bar by delivering enhanced IP PBX functionality and server management capabilities to Lync customers. These phones will offer Microsoft partners and resellers more options to address customer needs and add tremendous value to the Lync ecosystem.”
snom UC edition Phones Feature Summary
- snom 821 IP Phone: The snom 821 UC edition desktop phone is an advanced IP desktop phone for the executive or knowledge worker. It features a sleek and elegant design, high resolution color display and advanced presence features integrated with call history and contact list.
- snom 7xx series — snom 760, 720 and 710 IP Phones: The new snom 7xx series phones, now qualified for Microsoft Lync, offer businesses three models of affordable, full-featured IP phones: the executive level snom 760 UC edition desktop phone, designed for the corner office; the snom 720 UC edition IP phone for the middle manager or information-driven knowledge worker; and the snom 710 UC edition, an entry-level phone for standard workforce. All phones feature a sleek, ergonomic design, support for high definition wideband voice, programmable function keys and an intuitive user interface with integrated Lync features.
- snom 3xx series — snom 370 and snom 300 IP Phones: The snom 3xx series UC edition phones “Qualified for Lync” include the entry-level snom 300 UC edition, the company´s most widely deployed business phone, and the advanced snom 370 UC edition phone. The snom 300 UC edition phone is a highly-affordable, entry-level phone with basic telephony and Lync features designed for common areas. The snom 370 is a multi-purpose IP business phone for the front office receptionist or information worker, offering 12 programmable function keys and support for a range of Lync capabilities.
snom UC Apollo Firmware Highlights
- Offers Lync server provisioning and management features for faster, more efficient configuration and installation of endpoints in multi-site enterprise environments.
- Extends advanced Lync features to the device: integrated presence and popular IP PBX features, including Boss/Admin, Music on Hold and Call Park.
LYNC SERVER FEATURES
Automatic updates for snom endpoints made and managed directly from the Microsoft Lync server.
“Easy sign-in” via extension and PIN authentication, simplifying the registration process for snom UC endpoints.
Integration with survivable branch appliances (SBA) for continued communications/up-time during a WAN outage.
- Simplifies the flow of calls to, from and between a boss and admin/delegate.
- Admin/delegate can make calls on behalf of boss, boss and delegate can monitor each other´s line status and also intercept incoming calls.
- Music on Hold
Generates music for callers on hold.
- Integrated Presence Buttons
Assigns contacts to phone buttons directly from the contact list, allowing user to easily view live presence status in real-time.
The snom 300, 370, 710, 720, 760 and 821 UC edition phones are available for order today from distributors and resellers worldwide.
To learn more about snom´s channel activities in the Americas, go to http://www.snomchannel.com; follow us on Twitter; like us on Facebook; join our LinkedIn group; or add us on Google+.
snom technology AG develops and manufactures VoIP telephones and related equipment based on the IETF open standard, SIP (Session Initiation Protocol). Recognized for its high-quality, customizable and cost-effective business phones, snom is also differentiated by the company´s history in the VoIP industry and its dedication to high security standards. All of snom´s products are designed to be fully interoperable with leading communications equipment vendors. snom customers benefit from the interoperability and flexibility that the snom telephones offer, including plug-and-play integration and universal compatibility with any SIP-based telephony platform. In September 2011, the snom 300 and the snom 821 were the first SIP phones, which were officially tested and qualified as interoperable with Microsoft Lync by Microsoft.
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Berlin, Germany, snom technology AG also has offices in Italy, France, the United Kingdom and the US. For more information on snom, please visit http://www.snom.com.
snom – North America
John Gates/Mark Baizen
+1 (617) 861—3651/3680
snom technology, Inc.
18 Commerce Way, Suite 6000
Woburn, MA 01801
+1 (781) 569-2044
snom – Global
snom technology AG
– # # # -
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/12/prweb10208162.htm