Mobile Health (mHealth) Clinics Pharmaceutical Industry Analysis in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
“Mobile Health (mHealth) — Enhancing Healthcare and Improving Clinical Outcomes” is the new report added to online market research reports library of RnRMarketResearch.com
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) December 23, 2012
The report examines how mHealth, which is the facilitation of health-related information through mobile-enabled technologies, has been applied by the pharmaceutical industry in drug development and by healthcare providers in the developed and emerging economies to improve healthcare services and treatment outcomes.
It looks in detail at the ways in which the pharmaceutical industry has utilized mobile technologies in patient recruitment, compliance and retention of clinical trials, its role in marketing and consumer education and the important developments in drug authentication and post-market surveillance.
The report investigates how the healthcare system has migrated from a paper-based system to an electronic one and the innovative ways in which this can be used to enhance the flow of medical information. It assesses the growing use of mobile health apps as reference and diagnostic tools to support decision-making and highlights how (mHealth) can improve communication between patients and healthcare providers, empowering patients to take a more active role in their health and improving the continuum of healthcare from the clinic to the home.
Lastly, the report examines how mHealth programs in the emerging economies and the developed world can help to bridge the gap within fragmented under-resourced healthcare systems. It highlights how technologies devised for the developed countries are not always suitable for the developing countries and the need for local communities to devise mHealth solutions to address local issues such as infectious diseases (dengue fever, AIDS/HIV and tuberculosis) and high infant and maternal mortality rates.
Our analysis concludes that mHealth has huge potential to bridge the gap within existing healthcare systems but highlights the significant differences in the rate of adoption of mHealth in the developed world compared to the developing countries due to their existing infrastructures and differing “doctor-centric” and “patient centric” approaches to healthcare.
The mHealth alliance has identified five critical areas that need to be addressed if mHealth is to become main stream in global health: evidence building, standards and interoperability, sustainable financing, capacity building and policy. This will only be achieved if all stakeholders (patients, healthcare professionals and providers, pharmaceutical industry, mobile network operators and governments) work together to determine the ways in which mHealth can add value and provide significant advantages over traditional routes of healthcare communication.
- Detailed analysis of how the pharmaceutical industry is applying mHealth in clinical trials, marketing and supply chain management.
- Assessment of the e-patient engagement strategies that healthcare providers (medical professional, clinicians pharmacists and health insurers) are adopting to improve communication with patients.
- Exploration of the role of mobile health tools in supporting physicians´ decision-making and “prescribable apps” to support patient healthcare requirements.
- Explorations of the key challenges facing the adoption of mHealth in the developed world and emerging economies.
- Case studies of mHealth programs and solutions in trial recruitment, supply chain management, decision support tools, education and awareness programs and many more.
Reasons to buy
- Identify key stakeholders and the role they play in the development of mHealth solutions and understand what mHealth services are available and how and where they are being utilized.
- Learn the barriers to implementation and how these may be overcome and understand current thinking on innovative areas of mHealth and its application by the pharmaceutical industry.
- Identify potential opportunities for mHealth solutions by healthcare providers and explore the current mHealth programs and assess the ways these may be translated in other areas of the world.
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=64979
Major Points from Table of Contents
2.3 Stakeholder Groups Involved in the Funding and Provision of mHealth
2.4 Role of mHealth Technologies in the Pharmaceutical Industry
2.5 Key Market Segments in the mHealth Space
2.5.1 Mobile Health – Mobile Network Operators
2.5.2 Mobile Health – Pharmaceutical Industry
2.5.3 Mobile Health – Healthcare Professionals
2.5.4 Mobile Health – Healthcare Providers
2.5.5 Mobile Health – Consumers
3 mHealth in Drug Development
3.2 Mobile Health in Pharmaceutical R&D
3.3 Patient Recruitment in Clinical Trials
3.3.1 Case Study: REMOTE (Pfizer)
3.3.2 Social Media
3.4 Patient Compliance and Retention in Clinical Trials
3.5 Safety Data Collection
3.6 Consumer Education
3.7 Mobile Medical Education
3.8 Drug Authentication
3.9 Post-market Surveillance
4 mHealth in Healthcare
4.2 Electronic Personal Health Records
4.3 Electronic Health Records and Medical Records
4.3.1 Electronic Health Records and Observational Studies
4.4 Clinical Decision Support Systems
4.4.1 Case Study: Epocrates
4.5 Mobile Healthcare for Healthcare Providers
4.5.1 Prescribable Apps
4.5.2 Virtual Consultations
4.6 Recent Innovations in Medical Diagnostics
4.7 Barriers to mHealth Implementation
5 Transforming Healthcare in the Emerging Economies through mHealth
Browse more reports on healthcare market @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/healthcare
RnRMarketResearch.com (http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/) is an online database of market research reports that offers in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebmobile-health-clinics/pharmaceutical-industry/prweb10264923.htm