OutSystems Boosts Application Deployment Efficiency with Agile Platform Enhancements
Agile PlatformTM 7.0.1 Improves Deployment Performance for Mission Critical Applications
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) January 08, 2013
OutSystems, provider of the Agile Platform web application development environment, announced today several key improvements to the company´s flagship solution, culminating in the release of the Agile Platform 7.0.1, available now. The latest version of the Agile Platform greatly improves the deployment process around very large, mission-critical applications, by removing the need to perform risky, time-consuming operations in the actual deployment window.
The Agile Platform 7.0.1 provides IT teams and developers with:
Improved Deployment Processing
- The Agile Platform 7.0.1´s enhanced deployment algorithm allows for a massive reduction in the storage needed for large, complex applications. Beta customers with large software factories that have a high number of reusable components are reporting a more than 90 percent reduction in storage requirements.
- This new deployment algorithm also greatly improves the ability to automatically deploy to multiple front-ends in parallel. The result is a 30 percent reduction in time to deploy applications to large production farm environments.
Two Stage Deployment
- The power of the Agile Platform´s One-Click Publish can now be managed as two discrete stages, enhancing the overall application deployment process.
- Development and Operations teams can now perform the more time-consuming steps of an application deployment, like impact analysis, compilation, database scripts generation and file distribution, in the first stage without impacting running applications.
- On the actual go-live date, IT teams can finish the One-Click Publish process in a very short amount of time (just a few minutes, even in large software factories), while making sure all applications built with the Agile Platform keep running without downtime.
SQL 2012 Support
- SQL Server 2012 support is included in the Agile Platform 7.0.1, ensuring that customers can keep their applications compatible with the latest DBMS release with minimal effort.
“For applications requiring regular change, the ability to minimize deployment risk is a key component for success,” said Paulo Rosado, CEO at OutSystems. “The Agile Platform 7.0.1 addresses this need by allowing the most complex steps of application deployment to be conducted outside of the actual deployment window, ensuring that any downtime or problems arising from deployment do not affect the live application, an absolute necessity in an on-demand business world.”
Application development, agile development, web development, web enterprise application, agile platform 7, application deployment, SQL Server 2012
OutSystems provides the Agile Platform, a complete solution for the development and management of custom enterprise web and mobile applications that are built to change at the speed of business.
IT teams around the world use the Agile Platform to develop, deploy, manage and change web applications that are robust, ready to scale and based on standard technology, ensuring no vendor lock-in. Benchmarks show that customers using the Agile Platform deliver their custom web applications 10.9x faster than with other technologies and toolsets available in the market.
Introduced in 2001, the OutSystems Agile Platform has over 20,925 installations across 22 different industries, has received multiple CODiE, CRN and JOLT awards and is supported by an active community of more than 6,033 members, 1,549 certified practitioners and 59 implementation partners.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/1/prweb10298484.htm