LG Electronics’ New ‘Multi F Max’ HVAC System Dramatically Increases Capacity, Performance
ALPHARETTA, Ga., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — LG Electronics USA has introduced a new multi-zone duct-free split heat pump system that provides heating and cooling for up to eight separate zones, while increasing overall capacity by up to 50 percent compared to previous LG multi-zone models.
The new LG “MULTI F MAX” system (LMU540HV) increases capacity to a nominal capacity of up to 54,000 Btu/h, from the previous multi-zoned system capacity of up to 36,000 Btu/h. Adding branch distribution to LG’s MULTI F product family also effectively doubles the number of potential temperature control zones available, now offering up to eight individual zones for customized comfort.
Complementing impressive gains in system capacity and configuration options, the new LG MULTI F MAX also features engineering and design enhancements to deliver increased efficiency ratings, decreased noise levels and improved piping capabilities, while maintaining existing MULTI F system footprint and approximate weight.
“Our newest MULTI F system addresses the growing popularity of multi-zone heating and cooling systems in commercial building projects. And it’s a testament to LG’s ability to combine the benefits of VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow) system design with duct-free technology to address market demand and emerging applications,” said Kevin McNamara, vice president, Commercial Air Conditioning, LG Electronics USA. “By combining increased capacity, design flexibility and energy efficiency with the potential for decreased installation and lifecycle costs, our newest MULTI F system provides a compelling value proposition to building designers, owners and managers.”
As with LG’s dual-, tri- and quad-zone Multi F systems, the LG MULTI F MAX offers a range of indoor unit options that can be customized based on structural design and application needs; systems can be configured with a variety of non-ducted wall mount and cassette, ducted horizontal concealed and mixed indoor units.
LG MULTI F MAX offers a number of key benefits for engineers, building owners and system installers, including:
- Increased Capacity & Configuration Options:
- Creative piping schemes with single gas and liquid pipe connections enable common piping into buildings. Using larger pipes and connections reduce overall piping needs while allowing more efficient refrigerant pumping and system operation; simultaneously increasing system capacity while decreasing piping complexity and potential limitations.
- Introduction of Branch Distribution Units increases overall zone capability and ability to reach zones that are much further away from the MULTI F outdoor unit.
- Allowance for equivalent pipe length between Outdoor Unit (ODU) and Indoor Unit (IDU) more than tripled – from 82 feet to 229.6 feet
- Total equivalent pipe allowance nearly doubled – 246.1 feet to 457.7 feet
- Elevation differential between indoor units (highest and lowest) increased from 24.6 feet to 49.2 feet
- Cost Savings:
- Potential for reduced installation costs due to lower material, electrical and labor costs associated with using more efficient, easier piping schemes with larger pipes and less materials required.
- With increased system capacity and reach, fewer systems are required to cover larger build projects.
- Lower lifecycle costs associated with using VRF technology, compared with traditional HVAC systems on the market today.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: Strong AHRI Certified(®) ratings and an improved Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of up to 18.4.
- Decreased Noise: An updated compressor reduces both outdoor and indoor sound, with 54 dB(A) rated cooling and 56 dB(A) rated heating levels. The addition of LG’s “Night Quiet” feature also allows the ability to limit fan speeds and associated noise at night.
- Compact Footprint: LG MULTI F MAX supports more indoor zones without increasing outdoor space requirement or system weight. When space or access is at a premium, this equates to significant cost advantages for the owner on large projects.
More information on LG MULTI F MAX, VRF technology and other LG commercial air conditioning solutions can be found at www.lghvac.com.
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
LG Electronics USA Air Conditioning
The LG Electronics USA Commercial Air Conditioning business is based in Alpharetta, Ga. A 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, LG is a leading player in the global air conditioning market, manufacturing both commercial and residential air conditioners and providing total sustainability and building management solutions. From consumer and individual units to industrial and specialized air conditioning systems, LG provides a wide range of products for heating, ventilating and air conditioning. LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances. mobile communications, and air conditioning & energy solutions.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.