New Blog on the Future of Speech Applications
The Advanced Voice Input Output Society (AVIOS) announces a new blog devoted to the future of applications using speech technologies.
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) January 22, 2013
The Applied Voice Input Output Society (AVIOS) announces a new blog devoted to the future of applications using speech technologies. Each week a new article will be written and posted by a speech technology expert. The public is invited to submit questions, comments, observations, and additional predictions on each weekly topic. The blog can be viewed by setting your browser to http://www.avios.org.
What will the world of speech technology be in the next five years? Weekly articles will include:
- Accessing in-depth information by voice: City Companion by Deborah Dahl
- Multimodal user interfaces by Matt Yuschik, CitiBank CTO R&D
- Speech-enabled owner´s manual for the car by Tom Schalk
- Language learning by Bill Scholz, President, AVIOS
- “Do-it-yourself” apps by James A. Larson, Co-Program Chair, SpeechTEK
- Stress detection using speech analysis by Nava A. Shaked, CEO, BBT Ltd.
- Speech analytical tools by Loren Wilde, CTO, Wilder Communications, Inc.
- The dream of a personal assistant by Roberto Pieraccini, Director and CEO, The International Computer Science Institute (ICSI)
- The future of spoken language interaction with computers by Alexander Rudnicky, Carnegie Mellon University
- Making speech-based interaction truly natural by Sara H. Basson, Worldwide Program Director – Services Innovation Lab IBM – TJ Watson Research Center
Visit the blog each week to read about and participate in discussions about future applications of speech technology.
The Applied Voice Input Output Society (AVIOS) is a not-for-profit private foundation founded in 1981. AVIOS provides a forum for promoting practical applications of advanced speech technology, such as speech recognition, text-to-speech synthesis, and speaker authentication, along with supporting technologies such as natural language interpretation and knowledge representation. AVIOS organizes the Mobile Voice Conference annually in collaboration with TMA Associates, continuing a long tradition of AVIOS conferences. The Mobile Voice Conference will be held April 15-16, 2013 in San Francisco, California. AVIOS local chapters are active in areas that range from New York to Boston to Israel, providing informative talks and valuable networking.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/1/prweb10315928.htm