Kirby Lester’s New KL100 Pharmacy Robot Emphasizes Safety, Security and Inventory Control
The world’s leading pharmacy automation provider, Kirby Lester, LLC, is expanding its lineup of pharmacy automation with the new KL100. This midsized dispensing robot brings a new level of efficiency and medication safety to higher volume retail/outpatient pharmacies and central fill facilities.
Lake Forest, IL (PRWEB) February 06, 2013
Kirby Lester, LLC, the leading pharmacy automation provider, is expanding its lineup of pharmacy automation with the new KL100 midsized dispensing robot. The KL100 brings a new level of efficiency and medication safety to higher volume retail/outpatient pharmacies and central fill facilities. Fifty percent or more of a pharmacy´s total daily orders can be easily handled by the KL100, while the unique “FillSafe” solution allows the pharmacist to completely control the security of the refill process.
The result: The KL100 is the ideal blend of high productivity, absolute accuracy and elevated safety in a pharmacy robot.
Just 59” deep, the KL100 is smaller than most pharmacy robots and easily fits into an existing floor plan without the need for renovation. But by automating 100 of a pharmacy´s top-moving tablets and capsules, the KL100 provides an elevated capacity for pharmacies wanting to automate a higher number of SKUs.
The KL100 employs the unique FillSafe security system during medication replenishment. FillSafe eliminates any chance of dispensing from a cassette that was not authorized by a pharmacist. FillSafe is an important advancement to an already safety-conscious system. Yet the KL100 never compromises speed and efficiency; orders are dispensed in about 30 seconds.
The KL100 is the seventh new product launch in six years for the 41-year-old pharmacy automation company. With the KL100 joining the company´s highly successful KL60 compact pharmacy robot, Kirby Lester provides “right-sized” dispensing technology for pharmacies dispensing from 150 up to 2,000 scripts per day.
“We are very pleased to incorporate the new KL100 into the Kirby Lester suite of automation products. The KL100 is positioned perfectly for pharmacies looking to automate for the first time or to replace large, cumbersome and older technologies. All the safety, efficiency and affordability of the KL60 robot now has the expanded capacity of 100 drugs in the KL100,” says Kirby Lester President and CEO Garry Zage, R.Ph.
The new KL100´s unique features include:
- Midsized footprint fits most pharmacies (just 59”D x 29”W x 78”H)
- Automates the top 100 medications: up to 50% or more of a pharmacy´s total daily orders
- Fast, accurate cassettes never need recalibration
- New FillSafe security system is a unique safeguard that eliminates any chance of dispensing from a cassette that was not authorized by a pharmacist
- Fill, label and present complete orders in about 30 seconds
- Accommodates several of the most popular vial types and sizes. Deep vial bins hold more than one box of vials
- Standard 110v power; no special wiring, floor supports or compressed air are needed
- Simple installation, training and touch-screen operation
- Maintenance takes just a few minutes per day
- World-class 24/7 service and support
- Full networking with Kirby Lester´s KL20 and KL30 for a fully-integrated dispensing and verification system
(Digital photography available upon request.)
About Kirby Lester
Kirby Lester is by far the world´s leading pharmacy automation provider. Established in 1971, Kirby Lester maintains the largest market share of automatic tablet counter sales in the United States, plus 40 other countries. More Kirby Lester counters are used to dispense prescriptions in retail, mail order, hospital and long-term care pharmacies and manufacturing facilities than all other automated dispensing systems combined; over 40,000 pharmacies worldwide rely on Kirby Lester for their counting needs“¦exactly! For more information, contact Kirby Lester at 847.984.3377 or http://www.kirbylester.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/2/prweb10396420.htm