Telematics Update: Auto Telematics in India Gains Momentum as Local & International Players Team Up
Telematics Update: Leading international and local automakers and telematics players Tata Motors, Ford, Bosch, Harman, Mahindra Systems and Infosys will meet in Bangalore this April to create a blueprint to capitalise on the commercial vehicle and expanding consumer segment at the Telematics & India South Asia Conference & Exhibition (17-18 April, Bangalore).
Bangalore, India (PRWEB) February 13, 2013
Telematics Update´s research has uncovered that the remarkable growth expected in the India automotive market will provide a wealth of opportunity for automakers and telematics companies to increase their business. Global consultancy Frost & Sullivan forecasts that passenger vehicle sales in ASEAN countries are likely to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2 % to 3.1 million units in 2018. This is more than double the 1.5 million units sold in 2011. More than 10 leading automotive OEMs and crucial industry associations will meet at the Telematics India & South Asia conference to reveal their strategy, for the first time ever, to further penetrate this burgeoning market.
Telematics Update´s Global Business Development Director, Manpreet Singh Pattar explains the industry´s keen interest in India and South Asia .“Despite the economic downturn, India is still performing above its global rivals, which is why we are going to invest in India in 2013 and beyond”
The Telematics India and South Asia 2013 Conference is the premier B2B forum created to specifically answer the crucial tech, imminent deployment and business strategy questions set to unlock the value of telematics innovation in the Indian and South Asian market and beyond. High quality, seamless and personalized end-to-end connected vehicle and commercial mass market deployment are at the top of the agenda.
At this lucrative tipping point for connected vehicle services, Telematics India and South Asia 2013 Conference and Exhibition marks the start of a crucial time for telematics in the Indian automotive space. With mass market deployment and acceptance on the horizon, it is imperative that the ecosystem unites at the start of 2013 to engage and improve tech development across this region.
The full conference agenda and speaker line-up has been released and can be viewed on the website:
Key Topic To Be Discussed
- Telematics in India – An OEM Perspective: As open source platforms come to the forefront of telematics, examine the evolving relationship between OEMs, service providers and local partners to create a mutually beneficial telematics partnership paradigm
- Ride the Connected Navigation Wave: Discuss how the latest solutions, including navigation and LBS solutions from mapping providers, will allow the industry to improve concerns over positional accuracy and data quality to win over local customers
- Keeping India Safe with SVR (Stolen Vehicle Recovery) and Cargo Security: Understand how SVR solutions are being used to track taxis, school buses and other commercial fleets to safeguard both drivers and passengers against theft and route changes
- Reinvent Global Telematics Solutions for a Local Customer Base: Design an integrated and cost-effective services bundle to provide comprehensive features such as navigation, music, safety and emergency apps all in one bundle and at the right price-points
- Infotainment Goes Mainstream in India: Determine which services will be most popular and can be further customised to suit the subcontinent, such as points of interest, digital radio and regionalised social media & streaming services
Key automaker and road operator speakers
Telematics Update has invited automakers and TSP´s to speak to reveal their telematics consumer and commercial roll-out strategies to give the ecosystem a solid timeline for deployment, including:
- Manu Saale, Deputy Managing Director, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development India PVT. LTD
- Chandrika Shetty, VGT India Head, Volvo India Private Limited
- Narayanan Ramanathan, Global Head – GIS & Telematics Practice, Mahindra Satyam
- Sanjay Gupta, Head, Telematics and Fleet Management Services, Tata Motors Ltd
- Gurusharan Dhillon, Assistant General Manager-Marketing, Head of Product Planning, Honda Cars India Limited
- Sirish Batchu Head Engineering – Car Multimedia, Bosch
- Sivakumar Yeddanapudi, Head of Electronic Innovation, Visteon
This conference is set to be the premier learning and networking forum for OEMs, wireless carriers, telematics hardware and software manufacturers, industry associations, road operators, government, tier ones, software and hardware manufacturers in the Automotive Telematics landscape in India and South Asia.
Visit the website for the latest news and announcements: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/india-south-asia/index.php
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/2/prweb10419843.htm