New Edition of Comprehensive “AIS’s Directory of Health Plans” CD Database Contains the Most Current Data on the U.S. Health Plan Market
"AIS’s Directory of Health Plans: 2013" is the most comprehensive resource available on the U.S. health plan market, with enrollment data and contact information for health plans and primary care preferred provider networks operating in the U.S. as of year-end 2012.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 21, 2013
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), is pleased to announce the publication of "AIS’s Directory of Health Plans: 2013," the latest edition of the most comprehensive collection available on U.S. health plan market data. The 2013 edition of the annual CD and book resource contains enrollment data and contact information for health plans and primary care preferred provider networks operating in the U.S. as of year-end 2012.
"AIS’s Directory of Health Plans" contains enrollment data for all types of health plans, including commercial HMOs/PPOs/POS, Medicare and Medicaid HMOs, state government-run plans such as Medicaid FFS, PCCM, PCIP, SCHIP and other local community plans, managed FFS plans, and other types of primary medical insurance plans offered in the U.S. as of year-end 2012, allowing the user to track trends in product design, funding and market sectors.
New this year, the "Directory" tracks enrollment in Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plans (PCIPs), a temporary government-run program covering individuals who may potentially be shifted to state-run insurance exchanges in 2014. Plus, a new data field lists the number of covered lives in 88 Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) plans.
Widely used by health plans, health care consulting firms, equipment and supply vendors, pharmaceutical companies and PBMs, employers, banks and investment analysts, and health care associations, "AIS’s Directory of Health Plans" can help organizations:
- Discover which health plans offer certain types of plan models and which health plans operate in each state, to identify where opportunities for market expansion lie.
- Conduct accurate market research using the most currently available data.
- Create targeted mailing lists and develop call lists to network and generate leads for prospective new partners and clients.
- Determine which PPO networks may best serve a company’s benefit design offerings.
- Track shifts in branding as organizations position themselves as national brands vs. state or local entities, and as integrations, mergers and acquisitions change the competitive landscape.
- Develop benchmarks for determining the prevalence of certain types of plan models and create projections about which areas are likely to grow.
And, for the tenth year in a row, America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) — the national trade association representing health plans — has selected "AIS’s Directory of Health Plans: 2013" as the official directory resource.
The "Directory of Health Plans" CD database includes enrollment and market data in four file formats, mailing lists of almost 4,000 key executives compatible with most sales force software, and several valuable Excel files:
- A special “Subsidiary Addendum” workbook that allows users to view enrollment breakdowns for 18 large national companies with lines for each distinct subsidiary, to easily track enrollment by state or by sector.
- As a timesaver for analysts, a new workbook breaks out all health plan risk-based medical enrollment by company, by state and by sector — commercial, Medicare Advantage, Managed Medicaid, Medicaid FFS — with more than 2,000 additional enrollment data points.
- Separate spreadsheet with state-by-state enrollment breakdowns for companies.
- Separate spreadsheets listing all entities operating in the commercial, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid HMO markets.
- A spreadsheet that expands the “U.S. Health Plans Ranked by Total Medical Enrollment” chart from the printed book to include breakdowns by different types of enrollment.
AIS also offers multi-user site licenses for the database, and an option to purchase the printed directory only (without the CD database).
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/aiss-directory-health-plans for more information on this thorough and definitive tool to calculate health plan market share.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars, and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/2/prweb10450593.htm