TeleCommunication Systems Introduces Cloud-Based, High-Volume, Messaging Service
Short Message Service Center Platform Enables Rapid, Flexible Utilization and Deployment
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — (Mobile World Congress Booth: 3B15) – TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today introduced its Cloud Messaging Service, which delivers short message service (SMS) messages over 2G, 3G and LTE networks. TCS’ Cloud Messaging Service offers an end-to-end network interoperability with all core components. Because it is hosted in the Cloud, it allows carriers and enterprises to minimize capital expenditures on hardware and software, as well as to reduce operating costs associated with non-stop operation.
- The Cloud Messaging Service sends SMS messages simultaneously over a variety of protocols, such as email, paging, website data and secure messaging with acknowledgement.
- Manufacturing, healthcare, public safety, educational institutions and other enterprises can utilize this high-volume messaging service to enhance situational awareness and real-time communications.
- The scalable and redundant platform supports Enhanced Messaging Service, prepaid SMS, premium messaging events (e.g., voting) and embedded promotions.
- The platform complies with law enforcement requirements, number pooling and wireless number portability.
- Regardless if messages are P2P (Person-to-Person), P2A (Person-to-Application) or M2M (Machine-to-Machine), TCS offers inter-carrier support and easy integration with enterprise applications.
- Powering one-third of all U.S. text message traffic and handling more than 700 billion messages per year, TCS has the experience and expertise to deliver carrier-grade messaging services for a variety of uses.
Senior Vice President of TCS’ Commercial Software Group, Jay Whitehurst, said:
“Leveraging TCS’ extensive experience with comprehensive, end-to-end messaging solutions, our Cloud Messaging Platform offers a wide range of applications and functionalities that meet key business and budget requirements, while offering operators an opportunity to add value and increase average revenue per user. Serving as a proactive partner to our customers, TCS provides project management, reporting and around-the-clock monitoring to ensure the success of our customers’ deployments.”
- Cloud Messaging: http://www.telecomsys.com/products/messaging/cloud-messaging.aspx
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS’ cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS’ current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
TCS Contact: Media Contact: Investor Relations: TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. Nadel Phelan, Inc. Liolios Group, Inc. Meredith Allen Graham Sorkin Scott Liolios 410-295-1865 831-440-2406 949-574-3860 Mallen@telecomsys.com email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.