Sendmail Concludes Another Record Fiscal Year
Four consecutive, progressive, profitable quarters and key strategic partnerships fuel business momentum
EMERYVILLE, Calif., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Sendmail continues its leadership as provider of critical business email management infrastructure for the world’s largest enterprises. With strong sales across all geographical regions, led by another record sales year in Japan, Sendmail attained four consecutive quarters of profitability while continuing to grow its global customer base in Financial Services, Technology, Government, and Telecom.
“We are very pleased with both the top and bottom-line financial results for fiscal year 2013 ending January 31,” said Glen D. Vondrick, President and CEO, Sendmail. “Our new account business was very strong, especially internationally. As new enterprises come on board each quarter, existing customers have been renewing their contracts at record rates while continuing to leverage their investments in the Sentrion Email Integration Platform by adding best-of-breed multiyear application subscriptions from partner offerings in the Sentrion App Store.”
Sendmail’s momentum and competitive differentiation was additionally attributed to customer response for the new Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) product. Designed to help customers manage the explosion of machine and auto-generated messages behind enterprise boundaries, the Sentrion REAC manages business critical systems and applications that rely on email, while reducing the security risks that rear their head especially when cloud email migrations are taking place.
In Q4, Sendmail also struck a strategic partnership with Mimecast, which allows global enterprises to combine the proven on-premises Sentrion Email Integration Platform with Mimecast’s leading in-cloud Unified Email Management. The result is complete email security, archiving and business continuity with any on-premises or in-cloud email system such as Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 Exchange Online.
“The Sentrion Email Integration Platform combined with our Sentrion Cloud Services, powered by Mimecast, gives us clear differentiation as the only complete enterprise-class hybrid-cloud solution for managing email messages being sent by human collaboration systems or directly from business applications originating on-premises or in the cloud,” added Vondrick.
New Account Wins and Highlights for 2012:
- A major regional telecom, and one of Japan’s largest Internet email service providers, switched to Sendmail as their integrator with partner applications for migrating to a new email platform, managing gateway message routing, and implementing new security policies to address the rapid proliferation of handheld mobile devices supporting email.
- One of the world’s largest insurance companies turned to Sentrion for on-premises policy-based email routing for regulatory compliance, replacing a variety of disparate vendors, including Google Postini, with Sentrion cloud partner offerings for hybrid-cloud email management and security.
- A major German bank cooperative further extended Sendmail’s dominance as the email backbone provider to the financial services industry by choosing Sentrion to replace open source Postfix and integrate with the IBM Lotus Notes email system.
- One of the world’s largest Fortune 500 technology companies implemented Sentrion Remote Administration services to deploy a Sentrion based private-cloud email security solution, and chose on-premises email encryption all based upon the Sentrion MPV virtualized platform.
- One of the world’s largest software companies headquartered in Silicon Valley, who relies upon email for revenue recognition and other mission critical business processes, chose Sentrion hard appliances to modernize their email backbone and replace their own homegrown routing servers and McAfee email security appliances.
- A large European government defense agency replaced its legacy Cisco IronPort appliances with Sentrion to help them quickly adapt new email addresses, groups and domains to support their new organizational structure with Microsoft Exchange.
- One of the world’s largest investment banks chose Sendmail over Proofpoint as their trusted email architects to help consolidate data centers and reduce costs by installing the Sentrion Email Integration Platform with integrated Sentrion Application Store partner security products.
- At the world’s leading air transport IT and communications specialist organization, Sentrion appliances were chosen as the standard for connecting all their global locations, removing the risk and hidden costs of unsupported open source email gateways and relays.
- One of the world’s leading chemical companies went virtual with their email backbone, enabling them to run a Sentrion MPV in a hybrid-cloud, saving thousands of dollars in IT administrative and support costs in their email infrastructure.
About Sendmail, Inc.
Sendmail simplifies business email complexity and reduces IT infrastructure costs for large enterprises. The company’s solutions ensure global email connectivity, routing, and message delivery between people, systems, and applications located on-premises, in-cloud or on mobile devices. The Sentrion Email Infrastructure Platform performs intelligent email policy and message inspection ensuring all critical communications and content are integrated with business policies, applications and processes. Sendmail is headquartered in Emeryville, CA with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, call 1-87-SENDMAIL or email email@example.com.
See what Sendmail provides in this short video and learn how Sentrion simplifies business email complexity.
The Sendmail Blog: www.sendmail.com/sm/blog/wik/
Follow @Sendmail on Twitter.
© Sendmail, Inc. 1998-2013. All rights reserved. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names belong to their respective companies.