Colle Farmers Market Comments on Six Tips for Shopping for Organic Food
Following an article listing six tips to remember when shopping for organic foods, and three pointers for healthier shopping, Colle Farmers Market releases a statement.
Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) March 15, 2013
On March 15, 2013, Colle Farmers Market releases a statement following a Penn Live article regarding six different tips a person should consider when they go shopping for organic food. The article also includes three pointers for shopping healthier.
According to the Penn Live article, while there is still a debate surrounding organic foods, one claim that has proven to be true is that conventional produce contains more chemicals. Many experts believe that exposure over time to some of the chemicals and additives in conventional food can take a toll on the human body.
The article mentions that because of the harmful chemicals in and on conventional foods, many people have, and others should consider switching to organic food. The article offers several different tips when shopping organic:
- Shop organic for the main foods you eat such as chicken, milk, and eggs.
- If you eat the skin of a fruit, like an apple, consider organic. Pesticides used in conventional farming are on the skin of fruit you consume if it isn´t grown organically
- Check out the Environmental Working Group´s yearly “Dirty Dozen” and “Clean 15”
lists. They contain information on what types of produce have the highest pesticide rates
•Go shopping with a plan. Know what´s available and how much items cost
•Look for the green and white circular “USDA Organic” seal to easily find out if something is really organic
•Talk to a Nutritionist
The article goes on to mention three important pointers when trying to shop healthier:
- Buy local and shop in season. When buying organic food, you can also help out a local organic farmer!
- Read ingredients and know what you´re putting into your body
- Start with “whole” foods that aren´t processed, and gradually make the change over to an organic food-based diet.
A representative from Colle farmers market commented on the tips offered by the Penn Live article. “This is a fantastic checklist for someone just getting started with organic food shopping. Making the switch can be tough for some people, especially if they don´t know where to start. These are good tips to help novices wade in and begin making gradual changes toward a healthier lifestyle.”
Colle is an E-Commerce enabled farmers market community that is passionate about sustainable consumption and responsible conservation. The Colle movement is dedicated to connecting natural product vendors, organic farmers and all people who are living an organic and natural lifestyle.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/3/prweb10535628.htm