Thrupoint Launches Secure WebRTC On-Ramp for the Extended Enterprise
Delivers Seamless Collaboration Experiences across Applications, Users and Endpoints
ORLANDO, Fla., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Thrupoint, a recognized leader in WebRTC innovation to enable mobile and Web-based business applications with real time communications, today announced the release of disruptive collaboration solutions that open up new ways for enterprises to engage with customers.
As an example, a patient logged into a hospital Web portal from home can start a video chat with a clinician and zoom in on x-rays with shared control of the viewing screen, all without leaving the portal application or downloading a separate client. An investor can use a native banking application on her iPad to see the presence status of her financial advisor, send instant messages, or start a video conference that connects seamlessly to her advisor’s enterprise video device and allows other participants to join as defined by corporate policies. A consumer researching a specific product on a retailer’s website can click to begin a video call directly from the browser with no plugin needed and, instead of being connected to a general 1-800 number, be routed intelligently to a call center agent with specialized knowledge of the product in question.
These and other innovative solutions are enabled by Thrupoint’s WebRTC offerings, which deliver enriched inter-company, B2B and B2C interactions in compliance with enterprise policy and security requirements.
Thrupoint’s new WebRTC-to-SIP solution establishes secure video collaboration between WebRTC capable and SIP enabled enterprise endpoints, be they company issued or bring-your-own clients, applications and devices. A new software development kit (SDK), Thrupoint Fusion(TM) Client SDK, gives Web developers easy-to-use APIs for mobile and desktop platforms that mash up existing corporate voice, video, presence and messaging capabilities together with business applications to create seamless collaboration experiences. Thrupoint also introduces Release 4.1 of its Fusion(TM) Service Broker product, which features many new capabilities for advanced session management and service delivery.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Thrupoint’s new WebRTC solutions transform internal, B2B and B2C interactions as external users get secure, on-network multi-media communication to the enterprise directly from a native browser or mobile device. Intelligence within the network ensures that corporate and user policies are enforced, such as whitelisting/blacklisting, session recording or time-of-day routing.
- Thrupoint’s WebRTC-to-SIP solution provides interworking without the need for large-scale upgrades or forklifts of existing enterprise infrastructure. New server-side software products include Fusion Web Gateway and Fusion Media Broker for bridging signaling and media respectively between WebRTC endpoints and enterprise domains, such as HTTP to SIP conversion, SDP translation, VP8 to H.264 video transcoding and RTP normalization.
- Thrupoint Fusion Service Broker orchestrates multi-media collaboration sessions across mixed vendor systems with policy enforcement to ensure security, compliance and conformance to regulatory rules. Service Broker Release 4.1 introduces increased flexibility as a developer platform, support for new Web technologies, instant messaging and presence adapters for leading UC platforms, and SIP normalization across the enterprise as part of Thrupoint’s WebRTC-to-SIP solution.
- Dr. E. Brent Kelly, VP and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research: “WebRTC will make real-time voice and video communications available for anyone using a Web browser. But, the bare bones approach to the WebRTC standard means that WebRTC needs policy along with integration to existing platforms so that it can be used securely by enterprises. Innovative companies, like Thrupoint, provide the support infrastructure necessary for handling the ambiguities that exist within the WebRTC standard while delivering the integration capabilities and policy compliance necessary for extending WebRTC to the enterprise.”
- Dean Bubley, Founder of Disruptive Analysis: “WebRTC is evolving at a blistering pace, with innovative prototypes and early commercial offerings cropping up almost daily, even before the standards are finalised. There is significant value for developers and enterprises from companies offering simple ‘enablers’ for WebRTC, in terms of client-side SDKs, signalling and media components. Especially on mobile devices, this will help accelerate market penetration and address key collaboration and contact-centre use cases.”
- Dan Miller, Senior Analyst, Opus Research, Inc: “WebRTC is subject to lots of hype these days. But it still has to prove its business value in the enterprise. A vendor like Thrupoint that takes a holistic approach, combining SDKs and APIs that encourage Web developers to build new services rapidly together with advanced session management resources, enables enterprises to leverage existing IP-based communications and telephony infrastructure investments.”
About Thrupoint, Inc.
Thrupoint, Inc. is a recognized leader in WebRTC innovation to enable business applications with real time communications capabilities, including voice, video, IM and presence, on mobile and desktop platforms. Thrupoint delivers seamless collaboration experiences across applications on browsers, smartphones and tablets for users within and beyond the enterprise four walls with policy and security. Thrupoint’s robust and scalable Service Delivery platform provides enterprises and service providers with orchestration of communications systems across multi-vendor environments to drive rapid consumption of new services. Information about Thrupoint can be found at http://www.thrupoint.com.
Thrupoint and Thrupoint Fusion are trademarks of Thrupoint, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.