Automated Hosting Provider SingleHop Announces Impressive 35% Year-Over-Year Revenue Growth for 2012
SingleHop’s Global Fast-to-Deploy Hosting Solutions Serve the Needs of More than 4,800 Customers in 100 Countries
CHICAGO, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — SingleHop, a global leader in highly automated hosting, cloud and infrastructure-as-a-service, reported today revenue and company growth highlights for the 2012 calendar year.
“SingleHop’s growth rate was one of the key reasons we invested in the company, and the team has been working very hard to keep customers happy and keep up the momentum,” said Dave Tabors, General Partner, Battery. “They’ve carved out a unique position in the market, and as they expand, customers are rewarding them for their superior technology and incredible customer support.”
Financial and staffing highlights for 2012 include:
- Revenue for 2012 of $29.1 million, which represents a 35% increase from 2011
- Increased demand for the company’s cloud-hosted services grew the number of active clients to more than 4,800 firms located in over 100 countries
- Ranked #546 on Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 5,000 list, a ranking of the fastest-growing companies in the United States
- Increased staffing levels by 28% to meet customer demand and enable future growth
“We attribute SingleHop’s continued growth to the expertise of our team and our automated services which really stand out in a crowded hosting marketplace,” says Zak Boca, SingleHop President & CEO. “We currently have more than 12,000 servers in production throughout the globe and foresee continuing our growth path in future years as businesses want on-demand deployment. Our growth is a reflection of our dedication to providing customers with the easiest to use cloud infrastructure, and also our industry-leading support services.”
Other company milestones for the past year include:
- Completion of a $27.5 million minority investment transaction with Battery Ventures in April 2012
- Opening of a third datacenter location in Phoenix in May 2012
- A donation $10,000 to The Center for Courageous Kids (CCK), a world class, year-round medical camp located in Scottsville, KY
- A June 2012 move into new offices in the River North section of Chicago to accommodate staffing growth
- Launches new Channel Partner Program for IT Consultants and systems integrators in October 2012
- Co-founders Zak Boca and Daniel Ushman, Inducted into the Chicago Area Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame at its 27th Anniversary Gala Celebration
“Looking ahead to 2013, we are excited to roll out new services that will build upon our existing foundation of providing an exceptional service and value to our customers,” continued Boca. “Our new Public Cloud, powered by VMware, gives users the ability to seamlessly scale their use of resources up or down, while enjoying hourly billing that allows them to deploy resources on an as-needed basis.”
The 2012 growth continues SingleHop’s strong 2011 which saw revenues of $22 million, a growth to more than 3,500 active clients, and a #25 ranking on the Inc. 500 list. A 112% year-over-year revenue growth rate was reported for 2010.
SingleHop is a cloud hosting company that offers highly scalable, on-demand infrastructure services to both end-users and resellers. With clients in 114 countries, two Chicago-area data centers, and over 10,000 servers online, SingleHop delivers state of the art resources and services with industry-leading deployment time and custom support. SingleHop was established in 2006 and makes its home in Chicago, IL. In 2011, the company was named #25 on the Inc. 500 list for the fastest growing companies in America.