D-Link Introduces New 8-Port EasySmart PoE Switch for Surveillance Networking
D-Link’s Cost-Effective EasySmart PoE Switch Offers System Integrators and Network Designers Advanced Features and Easy Network Management
LAS VEGAS, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — (ISC WEST 2013, Booth #13119) — D-Link, the cost-effective, standards-based unified networking solutions provider for small- and medium-sized businesses, expanded its portfolio of EasySmart switches with the introduction of its latest DGS-1100-08P switch. The DGS-1100-08P is D-Link’s first EasySmart switch to deliver Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capabilities for easy IP surveillance, VoIP phone and access point deployment.
Equipped with eight 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet ports, the DGS-1100-08P complies with the IEEE 802.3af PoE standard. A power budget of 64W ensures plenty of power is available for a variety of IP Cameras and other powered devices. The DGS-1100-08P supports an intuitive SmartConsole Utility and a web-based management interface ideal for users who have no advanced network training. This management interface allows network administrators to control and monitor the PoE attributes on each port, including priority assignments, power threshold limits and actual PoE power usage.
“Offering a minimal price increase from an unmanaged PoE switch, D-Link’s latest DGS-1100-08P EasySmart switch provides a cost-effective solution with added networking and PoE features and functionalities,” said Steven Olen, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Unlike an unmanaged switch, the DGS-1100-08P offers smarter management of the PoE power budget, power saving features and the ability to reboot IP cameras or other PoE devices remotely. In addition, expanded management functionality and additional tools enable faster installation, easier maintenance, and better visibility into network health – all contributing to a smarter network overall.”
The DGS-1100-08P also supports Auto Surveillance VLAN optimized for video surveillance deployment to consolidate data and surveillance video traffic through a single switch. With no manual intervention, traffic from networked cameras is automatically assigned to a high-priority VLAN, ensuring quality and security of transmissions, even during periods of high network congestion. As a result, costs of deploying and maintaining a separate network for surveillance traffic only are eliminated.
More About the DGS-1100-08P
Additional features and performance benefits include:
- Loopback Detection – detects unintentional loops created by a specific port and automatically shuts down the affected port
- Cable Diagnostics – examines the quality of the copper cables and determines the type of cable error
- Storm Control – monitors broadcast, multicast or unknown unicast traffic and blocks or discards packets which could flood the network when the defined threshold is exceeded
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Bandwidth Control – reserves bandwidth for important functions that require more bandwidth or might have high priority
- IGMP Snooping – reduces the loading of L3 multicast routers and saves bandwidth in network throughput
- IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet – cuts down power consumption when port utilization is low
- D-Link Green Technology – detects the length of connected cables and adjusts power usage for cables shorter than 20 meters; link status is monitored to reduce power consumption when a port link is down
The DGS-1100-08P will be on display at ISC West, April 10-12, 2013 in Las Vegas in D-Link’s booth (#13119). The DGS-1100-08P will be available in June 2013 through D-Link’s vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers and distributors. Detailed specifications and information is available online at www.dlink.com.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2013. D-Link. All Rights Reserved.