NoviFlow and Cirries Technologies Join Forces to Deliver the First OpenFlow SDN Solution that Incorporates NetFlow Analytics
The Integrated SDN Solution Enables Cost-effective NetFlow Analytics for Existing Network Switches
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (PRWEB) April 15, 2013
Cirries Technologies Inc. and NoviFlow Inc. announce a teaming agreement to bring together elements of their respective product lines to significantly reduce the costs of generating NetFlow statistics with existing high cost network core routers and switches. Through this integration the companies become the first to make it possible for large data center operators to utilize NetFlow, the industry standard for traffic monitoring, within Software-Defined Networking (SDN) environments.
“NoviFlow is dedicated to bringing to market innovative solutions that leverage the unique qualities of SDN and OpenFlow to change how networks are built and managed,” said Dominique Jodoin, president and chief executive officer of NoviFlow Inc. “With this joint solution, NoviFlow and Cirries are leveraging our respective products, NoviFlow´s NoviWare OpenFlow switch architecture and Cirries´ Maestro real-time network engine, to redefine the performance and economics of NetFlow in today´s network fabrics, and provide a real-world application of Network Function Virtualization (NFV).”
“Cirries and NoviFlow together offer the first SDN solution to use NetFlow-based analytics,” said Rick Aguirre, Cirries president. “The SDN market is expected to grow to $2 billion a year in 2016 and this joint solution meets network operator needs.”
NoviWare® 200 is the first OpenFlow switching solution to provide commercial grade high-performance OpenFlow 1.1 and 1.3 switches that run at speeds of 100 Gbps to 200 Gbps. The main features are:
Support of OpenFlow 1.3 features
- Hardware support on the NoviKit 200, NoviSwitch 1124 and NoviSwitch 1248 switches:
- Built on the NP-4 Network Processor platform from EZchip Semiconductor with superior switching performance, making these products easily up-gradable to newer versions of the OpenFlow standard
Additional (non-OpenFlow) features:
- Packet processing option
- Improved Command Line Interface (CLI) configuration
- Easy installation – Designed for quick set up in any data center environment
- Dynamic configuration loading and reporting via XML
- Proven performance – Lab tested by a tier one Systems Integrator
- Maestro is a real time network engine written in fast C++ software and is considered the premier solution for carriers based on cost and speed. Once introduced in a network, Maestro ingests any protocol and any data in any format then crafts it into usable output.
- Maestro in the network is ideally suited to address M2M, Big Data, Telecom and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) needs, making it the most capable solution for any data or protocol manipulation on any network.
- Maestro can process over 600,000 packets per second in a single server. Maestro manipulates network protocols into Smart Protocols and turns Big Data into Smart Data. Maestro makes developing, managing, processing and interconnecting protocols and data simpler and less expensive.
The NoviFlow — Cirries joint NetFlow solution will be commercially available in Q3 2013.
About NoviFlow Inc.
NoviFlow Inc. provides high-performance OpenFlow-based switching solutions to data centers and network operators seeking greater control and flexibility over their networks. In December 2012 NoviFlow launched the world´s first high performance OpenFlow 1.1 switch, the NoviKit 100, and was listed by Business Insider as one of the eight SDN startups to watch in 2013. The company was incorporated in early 2012 and was the first Canadian company to join the Open Networking Foundation (ONF). NoviFlow has offices in Sunnyvale, Montreal, and Seattle. For more information, please visit http://www.noviflow.com.
About Cirries Technologies, Inc.
Cirries was founded in 2006 to orchestrate and harmonize the ever-expanding data processing and signaling requirements of networks. Cirries´ Maestro software orchestrates the right data to the right place, solving Big Data, M2M, SDN and Telecom challenges. Maestro also links and harmonizes all network types to function together regardless of protocols. The Maestro toolkit automates code creation, substantially speeding up and simplifying service development and deployment. Cirries is headquartered in Richardson, Texas, in the United States. More information: http://www.cirries.com.
Phone: +1 425.442.1806
Phone: +1 206.375.5902
VP Marketing, Cirries Technologies Inc.
Direct: +1 214.356.1257
Office: +1 972.235.6100
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/4/prweb10630704.htm