The Society for Information Display And IHS Announce Final Agenda For Market Focus Conference Series At Display Week 2013
Series to Focus on Next Generation Touch, Gesture and Motion-based Technologies, as well as High Performance Displays
CAMPBELL, Calif., April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — The Society for Information Display (SID), the leading global organization dedicated to the advancement of electronic display technology, in collaboration with IHS Conferences, today unveiled the final agenda for its Market Focus Conference series taking place during Display Week 2013 (May 19-24) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The first Market Focus Conference will occur on Wednesday, May 22 and focus on next-generation touch, gesture and motion-based technologies applicable to the display industry. On Thursday, May 23, a new topic for the Market Focus Conference Series, the High Performance Displays Conference, will focus on displays and the user’s visual experience.
Touch Gesture Motion Conference
Interactive display technologies are one of the most intriguing aspects of the display industry, enabling completely new usage models in multiple applications. Specifically, the Touch Gesture Motion Conference will concentrate on next-generation touch, gesture and motion-based technologies applicable to the display industry. While SID’s technical symposium will focus on touch and gesture technologies, this Market Focus Conference will provide perspective on how these technologies and overall product trends will translate to new business opportunities. The conference will give attendees the opportunity to hear from companies at the forefront of touch, including a keynote from Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, Professor at York University. Other confirmed speakers include:
- Jennifer Colegrove, President, Touch Display Research
- Mark Fihn, Senior Principal Analyst, Displays, IHS
- Duke Yi, Senior Manager, IHS
- Gary Barrett, CTO, Touch International
- Michael Dolezal, Chief Touch Technologist, 3M
- Alfred Poor, Writer/Commentator, Analyst
- Craig Ciesla, CEO, Tactus Technology
- Ian Campbell, COO, Next Input
- Christophe Ramstein, CEO, Strategic Polymers
- Risto Vuohelainen, CEO, Canatu
- Tony Gray, Director of Product Technology, Ocular
- Assaf Gad, Vice President, Product and Marketing, PointGrab
- Rahul Gupta, Senior Director of Business Development, Cambrios
- Gerry Seidman, Founder and CEO, Tactonic Technologies
- Hrvoje Benko, Researcher, Microsoft
- Achin Bhowmik, Director, Perceptual Computing Technology & Solutions, Intel
- Francis MacDougal, Senior Director Technology, Qualcomm
- Patrick Leteurtre, CEO, Fogale Nanotech
- Mark Robinson, Head of Education Product Strategy, Promethean
- Geoff Walker, Senior Touch Technologist, Intel
High Performance Displays
The High Performance Displays Conference will focus on the “visual interface”–the performance characteristics of displays that enable differentiable improvements for the user’s visual experience. This session will put an emphasis on the technologies and content necessary to promote improved performance and enable delegates to consider various performance trade-offs related to the future of vision-based devices. Since various display technologies inherently have differing advantages and disadvantages when it comes to display performance, this conference will concentrate on opportunities for both display makers and device manufacturers to truly differentiate their product offerings. Rather than focusing on what emerging technologies will drive the market, this event will focus on the capabilities of the human visual system to drive technological innovation. Special emphasis will be placed on high resolution and deep color implementations that are coming to market.
Keynotes for this session conference include the Chief Technology Officer of Christie Digital, Paul Salvini, and Keiji Ishii, Principal Researcher at NHK. Other confirmed speakers include the following industry experts:
- Mark Fihn, Senior Principal Analyst, Displays, IHS
- Jon Peddie, President, JPR
- Candice Brown Elliott, CEO, Nouvoyance
- Greg Ward, Senior Member Technical Staff, Dolby Labs
- David Barnes, Principal, BizWitz
- Michael Klug, CTO, Zebra Imaging
- Norman Bardsley, Bardsley Consulting
- Michael James, President/CEO, Portrait Display
- Jeff Yurek, Product Marketing Manager, Nanosys
- Seth Coe-Sullivan, Founder and CTO, QD Vision
- Sweta Dash, Director of Display Research & Strategy, IHS
- Jason Leigh, Director, Electronic Visualization Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Nigel Waites, CTO, XYZ Color Sciences
For more information on the Market Focus Conference Series, including registration information, sponsorship opportunities, or the full agenda, please visit www.displayweek.org. A networking cocktail reception will follow the Touch Gesture Motion Conference on May 22. The cost to attend either Market Focus Conferences event is $595 if registration is completed before May 2, and $650 after.
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs more than 6,000 people in 31 countries around the world.
About Display Week
The 50(th) SID International Symposium, Seminar and Exhibition, Display Week 2013, will take place May 19-24, 2013, at the Vancouver Convention Center in Vancouver, Canada. Display Week is the premier international gathering of scientists, engineers, manufacturers and users in the field of electronic information displays. For more information on Display Week 2013, visit www.displayweek.org or follow us on Twitter at @DisplayWeek. Display Week-related tweets can be created, viewed, and shared using the hash tag #SID2013.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is the only professional organization focused on information displays. By exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic display technology, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry’s best new products. With more than 6,000 members worldwide, the organization’s members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales. To promote industry and academic technology development, while also educating consumers on the importance of displays, SID hosts more than 10 conferences a year, including Display Week, which brings industry and academia all under one roof to showcase technology that will shape the future. SID’s global headquarters are located at 1475 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 114, Campbell, CA 95008. For more information, visit www.sid.org.
SOURCE Society for Information Display (SID)