ISTE 2013 Board Election Results Announced
Newly Elected Board Members Take Office at ISTE 2013 Conference in San Antonio.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 25, 2013
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE®) today announced its 2013 board election results. The seven education leaders from around the world listed below will join nine continuing board members to lead the association as it advances learning and teaching through the innovative and effective use of technology in education.
Newly elected to the board are:
- Mila Fuller, Deputy Executive Director, National Council of Teachers of English, Urbana, Ill.
- Matt Harris, Ed.D., Head of Learning Resources, German European School Singapore
- Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach, CEO, Powerful Learning Practice, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Mia Williams, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
- Janet Zanetis, National Education Advocate, CISCO Systems, Pyrmont, New South Wales, Australia
Re-elected to the ISTE board are:
- John Keller, Ph.D., Director of Instructional Technology and eLearning, Metropolitan School District of Warren Township, Indianapolis
- Kari Stubbs, Ph.D., Vice President, Learning and Innovation, BrainPOP, New York
The new board members will take office in June at a meeting held in conjunction with the ISTE 2013 conference and exposition in San Antonio. At that time, Kecia Ray, Ed.D., Executive Director of Learning Technologies and Library Services at the Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, will become board president and board officer elections will be held.
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE®) is the premier membership association for educators and education leaders engaged in advancing excellence in learning and teaching through the innovative and effective use of technology in PK-12 and teacher education. Home to ISTE´s annual conference and exposition and the widely adopted NETS, ISTE represents more than 100,000 professionals worldwide. For more information, visit iste.org.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/4/prweb10673297.htm