Logicalis US Gives ISVs Five Reasons to Embrace the Cloud
Solution Provider´s ISV Channel Program Brings Applications to Market Faster, More Cost-Effectively.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) May 07, 2013
Independent software vendors (ISVs) who are focused on shortening their sales cycles and creating smoother deployments for their applications are realizing the benefits of partnering with cloud providers that have an ISV channel program, giving them access to a secure enterprise cloud and software-as-a-service (SaaS) capabilities. To help ISVs see how such a partnership can benefit them, Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (http://www.us.logicalis.com), has outlined five key reasons ISVs should embrace the cloud.
“Because of our background as a global solution provider, we understand the challenges ISVs face when bringing new applications to market,” says Wayne Kiphart, Senior Director of Services, Sales and Channels for Logicalis US. “By extending the capabilities of Logicalis´ public Enterprise Cloud, coupled with our extensive managed services portfolio, we offer a way for the ISV community to test and deploy their applications. We´re creating a new avenue for them to grow their businesses faster and more cost-effectively than ever before.”
Five Reasons ISVs Should Embrace the Cloud
1. Access to New Customers — Making applications available as a hosted solution frees both the ISV and the end user from the requirement to purchase costly infrastructure. End users who no longer want to make capital investments in additional IT infrastructure and personnel are making cloud or SaaS a requirement in their application selection criteria. Without a hosted or managed appliance solution, ISVs may miss out on the ability to sell to this growing base of IT-savvy customers.
2. Faster Time to Market — Leveraging a cloud provider that already has an experienced ISV channel program with an enterprise cloud infrastructure in place can enable the ISV to bring a cloud-based offering to market much faster than trying to build another delivery model in house. It´s crucial, however, for ISVs considering a partnership with a cloud provider to examine the kinds of managed services the provider offers. The goal is for the cloud provider to free the ISV — and its clients — from commonplace, yet time-consuming tasks like managing the infrastructure, monitoring incident reports and responding to alerts, giving both the ISV and its clients the ability to focus on what they each respectively do best.
3. Improved Customer Experience — Cloud providers that already have the right people, processes, facilities, enterprise architectures, tools and service desk offerings in place make it easy and cost-efficient for an ISV to leverage them on-demand. ITSM toolsets and SLAs keep chaos from becoming king. And solution providers that offer an application monitoring dashboard make it easy for the ISV to have visibility into their clients´ application experience with the ability to proactively respond to customer alerts in near real time.
4. Increased Revenues and Profit Margin — By partnering with a cloud provider with extensive managed service capabilities, ISVs can sell a complete solution, which allows them to access a new revenue stream that includes Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), application management, and other services they otherwise would not have been able to extend to their clients.
5. Stringent Security Measures — Enterprise cloud providers have to meet stringent process and control audits (i.e., SSAE-16) as well as help their customers meet industry-standard regulatory compliance needs such as PCI, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, and FISMA. But security measures extend well beyond the regulatory to complete IT management including critical features like backups and disaster recovery as a service.
Want to learn more?
- Visit the Logicalis ISV Cloud Learning Center.
- Learn about the Logicalis ISV Channel Program.
- Explore Logicalis´ cloud computing microsite.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.4 billion, from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific, and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators, specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
For more information, visit http://www.us.logicalis.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/5/prweb10706416.htm