New Special Report Provides ‘How-to’ Tools to Address Top Compliance Risks
Recently published by Atlantic Information Services, The Medicare Compliance Toolkit contains a wide-ranging set of “how-to” compliance tools covering everything from coding, billing, documentation and reimbursement to Recovery Audit Contractors and OIG audits.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 10, 2013
Industry-leading health business information publisher Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce the release of its newest special report, The Medicare Compliance Toolkit. This report, from the editors of AIS´s Report on Medicare Compliance, contains more than 40 sample forms, policies, procedures, decision trees and other practical tools that hospitals and health systems, group practices, health plans and other organizations can adapt to run a more effective compliance operation, covering everything from coding, billing, documentation and reimbursement to Recovery Audit Contractors and OIG audits.
The Medicare Compliance Toolkit is packed with field-tested tools – from top hospitals, health systems and consulting firms across the nation – including:
- Tailored checklists for documenting and clarifying physicians´ findings on hot-button diagnoses such as malnutrition and major joint replacement.
- Sample attestation forms and management logs to manage and mitigate conflicts of interest.
- Guidance on complying with the Stark law, including a flow chart to determine which financial relationships the law applies to, an algorithm for calculating fair market value and sample leases.
- Recommended elements of a hospital discharge summary.
- An intake form for hospitals to use in reviewing proposed contracts with physicians and vendors.
- A social media policy template.
- Methods to assess compliance-program effectiveness.
For more information on The Medicare Compliance Toolkit, including a full table of contents and a sample PDF containing the introduction, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/medicare-compliance-toolkit.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/5/prweb10719014.htm