Epson Workgroup Products Win “Best New Solution” and “Best Innovative Solution” at ChannelPro SMB Forum
Epson Business Solutions Deemed Top Choice by VARs and IT Solutions Providers
LONG BEACH, Calif., May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Epson America, a leading provider of exceptional performing business solutions, today announced that its business solutions were top winners at the ChannelPro SMB Forum, a full-day live event for channel resellers, integrators, consultants and managed service providers. The Epson(®) WorkForce(®) Pro WP-4533 multifunction printer was named “Best New Solution” and the WorkForce Pro GT-S85 document scanner, PowerLite(®) 1761W projector, WorkForce Pro WP-4533, and Epson Connect((TM)) – Epson’s suite of mobile printing solutions – were collectively awarded with the “Best Innovative Solution” award.
ChannelPro SMB is a premier source of business and technology insights for channel partners serving the small and midsize business market and its forum, held in April in Long Beach, Calif., offered interactive, in-depth conversations with some of the industry’s top channel pros. Attendees tested several new business products at the event, and voted for best-in-class solutions based on product features, benefits and ease of integration. The cost efficiency, performance, and quality found with WorkForce Pro C series printers, coupled with the remote printing capabilities using Epson Connect mobile printing solutions spurred attendees to deem Epson number one in multiple categories.
“Epson is committed to serving as a resource for the channel community by offering industry-leading business solutions for a wide range of customers and we are happy to have the opportunity to showcase our products directly to industry decision makers,” said Grace Huang, group product manager, Business Imaging, Epson America. “Epson is honored to have won two awards for its solutions and the fact that the awards were voted on by VARS and IT decision makers further underscores our commitment to providing the best business solutions for partners.”
About Epson’s Award-Winning Business Solutions
- WorkForce Pro WP-4533 multifunction printer ($399.99) is part of the award-winning WorkForce Pro C Series and leverages Epson’s exclusive Micro Piezo technology to deliver speed, cost savings, functionality and quality for small-to-medium sized businesses. Available exclusively through the ImageWay(SM) Partner Program with a three-year limited warranty, it delivers up to 50 percent lower printing costs(1) and up to 70 percent less power consumption(2) when compared to color laser printers. It also features Ethernet and Wi-Fi b/g/n(3) connectivity, as well as the world’s fastest auto two-sided print speeds(4) – 16 ISO ppm black and 11 ISO ppm color single-sided; 9.2 ISO ppm black and 7.1 ISO ppm color two-sided(5). For more information about the Epson ImageWay Partner Program, visit www.epson.com/imageway. For more information about the WorkForce Pro C Series Workgroup Color Printers, please visit www.epson.com/workgroupprinters.
- WorkForce Pro GT-S85 document scanner ($999.99 MSRP) is a versatile workgroup or departmental sheet-fed scanner with the ability to scan everything from business cards to rigid ID cards to documents up to 8.5″ x 36″. The scanner offers blazingly fast scan speeds of 40 ppm (pages per minute) and 80 ipm(6) (images per minute) and features dual-color CCD for fast two-sided duplex scanning, automatic paper size detection, and mercury-free ReadyScan(®) LED technology for fast scans with no warm-up time. It offers a robust duty cycle – up to 3,000 pages per day – for increased productivity and reliable performance. It’s available through commercial distributors with a one-year limited warranty. For more information about Epson scanners visit www.epson.com.
- PowerLite 1761W ($799*) projector weighs 3.7 pounds, is as thin as a laptop at 1.7-inches tall and features WXGA widescreen resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) for use with widescreen media and laptops. Designed for mobile professionals and corporations, it is portable, powerful and delivers 2,600 lumens of color brightness and 2,600 lumens of white brightness(7). With easy setup, wireless options, HDMI, and Epson iProjection(TM) compatibility, professionals can deliver presentations worry-free. The PowerLite 1761W can be purchased at select retailers and comes with a two-year limited warranty. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
- Epson Connect provides several ways to print remotely from an Apple(®) iPad(®), iPhone(®), tablet, smartphone, or computer. With this free suite of mobile printing solutions, small business professionals can conveniently print documents, photos, e-mails, and web pages on an Epson Connect enabled printer(8) from the comfort of the office, home, or even across the globe. It also comes equipped with Google Cloud Print(TM) for convenient wireless printing on-the-go. Learn more about Epson Connect solutions at www.epson.com/connect.
About ChannelPro SMB
ChannelPro SMB provides targeted business and technology information for IT channel partners who serve small and midsize businesses. Via ChannelPro SMB magazine and associated online properties, ChannelPro SMB delivers expert opinion, analysis, news, product reviews, and advice vital to a reseller’s business success. Perspectives from VARs, vendors, distributors, and analysts are spotlighted daily. No other media company focuses on the small and midsize marketplace like ChannelPro SMB. More information is available at www.channelprosmb.com.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 81,000 employees in 97 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonSmallBiz) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* Estimated street price
(1 )Compared with best-selling color laser multifunction printers priced at $699 or less, as of December 2011. Calculation based on continuous printing with highest capacity cartridges. Actual savings will vary based on print task and use conditions.
(2) Compared to the best-selling monochrome and color multifunction laser printers available for $699 or less as of December 2010. Actual power savings will vary by product model and usage.(
3) Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
4 Fastest in its class; printing black in default, two-sided mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Compared to inkjet multifunction printers priced at $499 or less, as of January 2011, based on manufacturers’ rated ISO speeds or independent testing.
(5) Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-sided and two-side modes in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
(6) Pages per minute (ppm)/images per minute (ipm). An image is defined as one side of one page.
(7) White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
(8 )Most features require an internet connection to the printer as well as an internet- and/or email-enabled device. See www.epson.com/connect for a list of Epson Connect enabled printers and compatible devices and apps.
Note: EPSON, PowerLite, ReadyScan and WorkForce are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, and Epson Connect and Epson iProjection are trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. Apple, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Cloud Print is a trademark of Google Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
SOURCE Epson America