Azoteq Announces Pricing Breakthrough for Capacitive Switches
Azoteq´s ProxSense® can now replace mechanical switches at lower cost.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) May 16, 2013
Azoteq, the world leader in capacitive proximity sensing, announced breakthrough pricing for selected capacitive proximity and touch controllers. With pricing of less than $0.025 per switch or channel capacitive switches can now replace mechanical switches in many applications. In addition designers get proximity detection of over 300 mm using practical electrodes.
Azoteq combined breakthrough levels of sensitivity, Signal to Noise Ratio (1000:1) and RF immunity into cost-effective capacitive controllers. These benefits relax the common design constraints normally imposed on designers, and the automatic tuning algorithm ensures that no calibration is required in manufacturing. This allows designers to use thick overlay materials of up to 50 mm or more and touch keys in extremely small spaces. With ProxSense® a touch key is easily realized with a pad on a PCB. Proximity detection is natively offered on all touch key controllers, opening up possibilities for more intuitive user interfaces. This includes such as wake-up from standby, pre-emptive menu selection and automatic backlight illumination.
ProxSense® was developed and patented from the ground up using novel analog design techniques for ultra sensitive capacitive measurements. The result is a proximity and touch controller that can sense changes of 20 atto farads in projected capacitance mode and 200 atto farads in self capacitance mode. In contrast to common perception, Azoteq has proven that long range can reliably be achieved with projected capacitance. R&D in novel micro-electronic designs allows for this groundbreaking sensitivity whilst maintaining industry-leading ESD immunity and low current consumption.
“Azoteq´s industry-leading sensitivity and robustness enable many new applications for proximity and touch. Azoteq now offers the lowest cost capacitive solutions to replace mechanical switches”, said Frederick Bruwer, CEO of Azoteq.
- Price applies to firm orders of 1M+
- Azoteq High Volume Terms and Conditions
- 1, 2, 3, 9, 12 and 16 channels
- Self- and projected capacitance modes
- Proximity and touch on each channel
- Distributed proximity channel formed by multiple keys
- On-chip hardware compensation for sensitivity-reducing objects
- I2C interface
- Automatic tuning to optimum sensitivity
- Supply voltage of 1.8V to 5.5V
- Multiple low-power modes
- Internal voltage regulator and reference capacitor
- Large proximity-detection range
- Automatic drift compensation
- Industrial temperature range
- TSOT6, MSOP10, QFN16, QFN20, QFN32 packages
- Consumer electronics: televisions, Blu-Ray players, set-top boxes
- Computers and tablets
- White goods and appliances
- Office equipment
- Proximity detection that enables activation of backlighting
- Wake-up from standby applications
- Replacement for electromechanical switches
- GUI trigger and GUI control proximity detection
Azoteq (Pty) Ltd (http://www.azoteq.com) is the world leader in capacitive proximity solutions. An extensive portfolio of controllers is offered for touch keys, sliders, scroll wheels and touch screens in consumer and industrial applications. Azoteq has design and manufacturing centers in South Africa and China. Azoteq has sales offices and distributors in South Africa, Asia, Europe and the USA.
Azoteq´s novel technology is protected by numerous patents, both issued and pending. A list of patents is available at http://www.azoteq.com/capacitive-proximity-touch/capacitive-touch-sensor.html
IQ Switch®, ProxSense®, LightSenseTM, AirButton®, DYCALTM and the IQ logo are trademarks of Azoteq (Pty) Ltd.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/5/prweb10737293.htm