Coverity Introduces New Services to Drive Development Testing Adoption
New Maturity Model Provides Guidance for Implementing Development Testing in Software Development Lifecycle
SAN FRANCISCO, May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Coverity, Inc., the leader in development testing, today announced the introduction of a Development Testing Maturity Model to guide organizations as they adopt development testing into their software development lifecycle. The company also introduced a suite of new services offerings designed to address the risk of quality and security issues in third party, externally developed code, as well as address external quality and security software compliance mandates.
As software development becomes increasingly pervasive across all industries, organizations need best practices to guide their testing processes to find critical quality and security issues as the code is being developed. Coverity has worked with more than 1,100 customers, from a wide range of industries, to create and deploy development testing adoption plans. This expertise forms the foundation of the Development Testing Maturity Model, which outlines a phased-in approach to development testing adoption and software development lifecycle integration.
Coverity’s new suite of services offerings uses the Development Testing Maturity Model and the Coverity SAVE(®) static analysis verification engine as a foundation, and includes code verification services, training and developer certification. Coverity Verification Services enable organizations to quickly integrate development testing into their processes to assure the quality and security of their own software code, verify the quality and security of their suppliers’ code and help customers comply with external quality and security mandates. These services include:
- Coverity Supply Chain Audit Service: This service provides visibility into the quality and security of code supplied by third parties, enabling organizations to address issues early to get their products to market faster, more efficiently and cost effectively.
- Security Service: This service helps organizations address the top OWASP and CWE issues that impact Java web applications, enabling them to reduce their risk of security vulnerabilities as well as improve the collaboration between internal development and security teams.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Product Implementation Validation Service: This service provides an efficient method to validate the correct installation and operation of Coverity development testing solutions, delivering a validation report that can be submitted directly to the FDA.
The Coverity Certified Professional Program provides a comprehensive training program that validates Coverity administrators and users on the successful implementation and deployment of the Coverity(®) Development Testing Platform.
“Development testing is now an industry best practice for all types of companies that develop software-based products and services. However, even with the benefits of development testing, organizations need to ensure its implementation doesn’t disrupt the software development process or distract the team from getting products to market quickly and on-schedule,” said Sunil Nagdev, Senior Vice President of Global Services for Coverity. “Our new suite of services will enable our customers to transform how they develop software without slowing down the development process, helping them get to market faster, reduce cost and risk, and ultimately stay ahead of the competitive curve in today’s software-driven world.”
- Register for the Coverity Supply Chain Audit Service
- Become a Coverity Certified Professional
- Find out where you are on the Development Testing Maturity Model
Coverity, Inc., (www.coverity.com), the leader in development testing, is the trusted standard for companies that need to protect their brands and bottom lines from software failures. More than 1,100 Coverity customers use Coverity’s development testing platform to automatically test source code for software defects that could lead to product crashes, unexpected behavior, security breaches or catastrophic failure. Coverity is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco. Coverity is funded by Foundation Capital and Benchmark Capital. Follow us on Twitter or check out our blog.
Coverity, Coverity SAVE and Coverity Scan are trademarks or registered trademarks of Coverity, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.