New Brandwatch Channels Brings Owned and Earned Media Analysis Together In One Platform
NEW YORK and LONDON, May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Brandwatch, a provider of social analytics and monitoring solutions for business, today announced the release of Channels, to help brands and agencies conduct analysis of their owned social media assets (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) and understand the relationships to earned media results.
“Each social network is different, but that doesn’t mean marketers want the pain of analyzing each separately,” says Giles Palmer, Brandwatch CEO and founder. “We built Brandwatch Channels to solve that problem, and also had our eye on helping brands understand the wider impact of their social output and the relationship between earned and owned media,” he says, adding with a smile, “This isn’t just Facebook Insights with a different name.”
Recent research published by analyst firm Altimeter Group highlights the importance of primary media types–owned, earned and paid–working in concert to reach customers throughout their customer journey.
Brandwatch Channels addresses the need for in-depth owned social media analysis in comparison to earned media by surfacing comprehensive insights such as:
- Competitive Benchmarking: Mapping an organization’s owned social network results against competitors, helping marketers plot a path to market leadership
- Flexible Top Line Metrics: Chart key trends and insights related to owned social media assets (Facebook comments, shares, etc.) over any time period, segment data by user and content type, and drill into individual mentions and authors
- Influencer Identification: Identify the most engaged, active members and their impact within an organization’s owned social community and those of its competitors
- Content Evaluation: In-depth understanding of the topics of conversation within an owned community, including engagement levels with different types of content. Marketers can quickly recognize the content that performs best and why, and apply learned knowledge to future campaigns
- Advanced Analysis, Automation & Workflows: Apply the power of sentiment analysis, categorization, automation rules and workflows to owned social media activity to gain a more comprehensive understanding of community behaviors and manage interactions more efficiently
- “Owned vs. Earned” Comparisons: Side-by-side charting of owned media posts and earned mentions, allowing organizations to understand the impact of social media activities to online buzz
Availability & How to Learn More
The initial release of Brandwatch Channels, which includes complete Facebook Channels capabilities and a beta version of Twitter Channels, is available immediately. YouTube Channels will be released later in the year.
Brandwatch is a leading provider of social media monitoring and analytics solutions. More than 700 global brands and agencies use Brandwatch, relying on a broad range of social coverage and highly reliable, spam-free data to monitor online conversations. As a result, organizations can glean insights around their brand interests, conduct market research, predict market trends, and more actively engage influencers, customers and prospects.
A global company, Brandwatch is headquartered in Brighton, UK and has offices in the United States and Germany. For more information, please visit www.brandwatch.com.