Hardware Startup, Helios Biking, Surpasses Funding Goal on Kickstarter
Smart-bike technology pioneers, Helios Biking, raise nearly $100,000 in crowdsourced funding within a week of their launch.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 01, 2013
Helios Biking is excited to announce that their Kickstarter campaign for Helios Bars has surpassed 100% funding of its $70k goal in less than a week from launch. Helios Bars is a new type of bicycle handlebar that combines GPS and Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) in order to add a variety of “smart” features to any bike.
The Helios Biking team has been developing Helios Bars in Shenzhen, China for the past 5 months as a part of the HAXLR8R hardware startup incubator. After demoing their product to a panel of private investors at HAXLR8R´s demo day, they decided to go public with their invention and raise crowd-funding on Kickstarter. The video on their Kickstarter page demonstrates the variety of ways that Helios Bars enhances the biking experience of its users.
With several weeks still remaining in their Kickstarter campaign, the Helios Biking team prepares to start their first production run. After shipping out, they plan to ramp up their distribution and continue to build their brand. When asked about investing in the company, CEO Kenneth Gibbs had this to say: “Our main goal right now is to ship out an amazing product to our Kickstarter backers. Afterwards we´re all ears.”
- Proximity Lighting – Enables bikes to sense the presence of their owners & automatically turn on or off the headlight accordingly.
- Turn Signals — Left and right blinkers for indicating turns to other vehicles on the road.
- GPS Tracking — The ability to track a bike from anywhere in the US. Coordinates are sent via a text message containing a Google Maps link.
- Visual Speedometer — Rear facing lights change color according to the speed of the biker.
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation — Finds the fastest route to any destination by harnessing the power of the Google Maps API. The rear lights indicate when a turn is approaching.
- Ambient Lighting — Change the color of the rear lights to any color.
Press Kit — http://www.ridehelios.com/presskit.php
Official Site — http://www.ridehelios.com
“Helios has built something awesome“¦” — TechCrunch
“Helios is reinventing bike experience“¦” — VentureBeat
“The design is simple and clean“¦” — Popular Mechanics
“The smartest we´ve ever seen“¦” -Gadget Review
““¦Could be the most game changing device that´s ever been introduced to the world of cycling.” — HiConsumption
Helios Biking is a hardware startup from San Francisco, CA that was established in 2013. We are bike enthusiasts and dedicated riders. We understand the risks of sharing a road with automobiles, and believe that bikes should be just as visible as any other vehicle on the road. We are also inventors & entrepreneurs. We realize that the biking experience can be greatly improved in many different facets. By infusing bicycles with smart technology, we hope to revolutionize the way bikers interact with their bikes.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/6/prweb10783544.htm