D-Link Now Shipping Four New Cloud Cameras Taking IP Surveillance to New Levels
Expanded mydlink(TM)-enabled Camera Line-Up Offers Professional-Level Features at Affordable Pricing for Small Business and Consumer Markets
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Taking home and small business surveillance to new levels, D-Link today expanded its line of mydlink((TM))-enabled Cloud Cameras with the introduction of the Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-5020L); the Outdoor HD Wireless Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-2332L); the Day/Night Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L); and the Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L). Each designed for around-the-clock surveillance and monitoring, these affordable Cloud Cameras offer expanded capabilities, including easy monitoring of large areas with new Wi-Fi extender features, 720p HD video clarity ensuring rich detail and crisp image quality, and weatherproof casing for enhanced outdoor surveillance.
“The new line of Cloud Cameras give consumers and small business owners a combination of pro-level features and performance at a fraction of the cost of professionally installed security systems,” said Ken Loyd, director consumer product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Each of the new models add enhanced monitoring features and remote control capabilities that make it easier than ever to integrate a complete surveillance solution at home or the office.”
The cameras are designed with new enhancements to meet a range of indoor and outdoor surveillance needs:
- The Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-5020L) incorporates D-Link’s industry leading sound detection and Wi-Fi extender features for enhanced surveillance alerting and easier placement of additional cameras by extending the wireless network to those hard to reach locations. The camera is also equipped with ultra-smooth pan, tilt and a wide 66( )degree horizontal field of view to quickly scan a wide area from a variety of angles and offers 4x digital zoom for monitoring in more detail. Integrated motion-sensing and night-vision technology for viewing up to 26 feet in pitch dark environments provides serious around-the-clock surveillance. The camera also delivers video at 30 frames per second (fps) for cleaner and smoother video feed and both H.264 and MJPEG compressions technology.
- The Outdoor HD Wireless Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-2332L) is designed with IP-65 certified weatherproof casing and a versatile operating temperature system (ranging from -13F to 113F) to withstand all-season outdoor use. It features a wide range of high-demand features including 720p HD resolution for crisp and clear video, a passive infrared (PIR) sensor for enhanced motion detection to trigger recording and email alerts, 10x digital zoom for increased viewing options, premium night vision up to 26 feet, and a microSD/SDHC slot for local recording and playback.
- To cater to a range of indoor monitoring needs, the Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L) and Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L) are equipped with a Wi-Fi extender for easier placement of additional cameras for those hard to reach locations. They both come fully-equipped with H.264 enhanced video compression that allows users to record up to 5x more footage to the built-in microSD card slot, when compared to MJPEG. The Cloud Camera 1150 also offers expanded night vision features to view up to 16 feet in pitch black darkness. Both cameras offer end users enhanced surveillance with D-Link’s industry leading detection features providing both motion and audio alert notifications.
mydlink-Enabled Cloud Cameras
D-Link Cloud Cameras offer simple installation and integration into an existing network with the mydlink portal to view streaming video from a PC, notebook, iPhone(®), iPad(®), or Android((TM)) device, as well as enhanced remote capabilities via the mydlink+ and mydlink Lite app (free). Both apps enable seamless access to camera feeds from anywhere and a host of newly added features for expanded remote control including pinch-to-zoom viewing, drag-and-drop reordering of devices, two-way audio, remote pan and tilt, video play back from cameras featuring a microSD/SDHC slot, and the ability to configure recording(1) schedules and override options.(2)
Additional Camera Features
The cameras feature a built-in CPU and web server for high-quality live streaming video sent directly to the network as well as a built-in microphone and speaker (select models) for easy two-way communication. Shared capabilities include:
- 802.11n Wi-Fi & Ethernet connectivity
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup((TM) )(WPS) for simple three step installation
- Configurable audio/motion detection alerting
- H.264 video compression technology to optimize network bandwidth and video storage
- Infrared illumination technology for night viewing up to 16 or 26 feet away in complete darkness(3)
- D-Link Zero Configuration to seamlessly configure and intelligently sync a D-Link Cloud Camera to a D-Link Cloud Router with an existing mydlink account via the push of a button
- D-ViewCam((TM) )camera management software (Windows PC) for advanced motion detection scheduling and alerting for up to 32 cameras
Availability and Pricing
D-Link’s Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-5020L), Outdoor HD Wireless Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-2332L), Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L) and Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L) are now available throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail outlets in the United States. Detailed specifications are available online and retail pricing is as follows:
- Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-5020L) – $119.99
- Outdoor HD Wireless Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-2332L) – $269.99
- Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L) – $99.99
- Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L) – $69.99
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
D-Link, the D-Link logo, D-ViewCam, and mydlink are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2013. D-Link. All Rights Reserved
(1)Use of audio or video equipment for recording the image of a person without their knowledge and consent is prohibited in certain states or jurisdictions. The end-user assumes all liability for compliance with applicable state, local and federal laws.
(2)mydlink app capabilities vary pending camera model; visit www.dlink.com for specific product features and compatibility
(3)The Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-5020L) and Outdoor HD Wireless Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-2332L) support up 26 feet of night viewing with infrared technology; the Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L) and Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L) offer up to 16 feet of night viewing with infrared technology