eConais Unveils New FCC/CE/IC Certified Wi-Fi® Module
Self-contained, Self-hosted, using Wi-Fi® 802.11(b/g/n), containing WLAN baseband, RF functions, IPv4/IPv6 stack, catapults the adaptation of the Internet of Things.
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — eConais S.A., a leader in ultra low power Wi-Fi solutions for the Internet of Things, today unveiled the WiSmart(TM) EC32L, the industry’s most advanced Wi-Fi module bringing IEEE 802.11(b/g/n) low power standard wireless technology.
The EC32L is an integrated module containing a STMicroelectronics® STM32 ARM Cortex(TM)-M3 processor, networking stack and services, and large memory size to support smart metering, monitoring, control, audio, video, and cloud-based applications. The EC32L features an IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP networking stack along with additional networking services enabling a complete networking solution for embedded applications.
The EC32L extends internet connectivity wherever there is a Wi-Fi access point or hotspot and leverages the key benefits of Wi-Fi technology – high data throughput rates, security and reliability, long range, widespread availability, fast roaming, and meshing capabilities using concurrent networking and Wi-Fi Direct(TM). In medical device applications, for example, the solution can be used across hospitals and multi facility applications where moving patients can be monitored across long distances within the hospital network and maintain reliable, secure, and accurate connections to their health monitoring systems and doctors.
Designed to bring a very cost effective solution to market, the EC32L software included with every module is without additional royalties or costs. The software is provided for commercial use with every purchase of the EC32L. An extensive API is provided for software application developers for easy control of features including Wi-Fi, low power modes, and peripheral interfaces. The EC32L extends applications into new segments including home automation, smart meters, enterprise, industrial, high quality audio and video, healthcare, medical devices, and consumer electronics.
The new WiSmart EC32L family offers a high level of integration with baseband, RF, and MCU integrated on a single module, best-in-class performance and extensive networking stack and services. It features a architecture based upon the popular, low power ARM Cortex(TM)-M3 processor. The EC32L provides many peripheral interfaces and significant memory resources creates a powerful and flexible solution for low power as well as line powered IoT applications, including smart energy.
- Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 (b/g/n) 2.4GHz
- Support for IPv4 and IPv6
- Support for Ad-Hoc and Access Point Mode (3 clients default, up to 5 clients on-demand) for easy provisioning or connecting to smartphones Wi-Fi Direct(TM), and Wi-Fi Direct with concurrent mode, allowing a device to act simultaneously as an access point station as well as access point for other devices
- Advanced Soft and Hard cut roaming with configurable alert zone limits as low as few ms
- Available HW interfaces and functions: I2C, I2S, ADC, DAC, UART without RTS/CTS support, USART with RTS/CTS support, SPI, GPIOs, USB, CAN-BUS, JTAG, PWM function for LED and motor control
- HTTPS/SSL/DHCP Client/DHCP Server/ DNS Client/ FTP Client / FTP Server/ HTTP Client / HTTP Server
- Support for Site Survey functionality and configurable parameters
- Support for Configurable Background Scan
- WPA/WPA2 Personal and Enterprise(TLS,TTLS,PEAP)
- WPS 2.0
- STA mode (client)
- SD Card support with FAT FS
- Supports HTTP and RTP Audio Streaming
- Supports DLNA Audio Renderer
- FCC/CE/IC Certified
- Flexible 802.11 (b/g/n) modules with multi Mbps throughput for high-definition video and audio applications, or, Kbps throughput for low power smart energy applications.
- Unmatched idle power consumption combined with fast wake up performance from idle state offers the longest battery life for a Wi-Fi device.
- High receiver sensitivity capability for extended range operation
Extensive networking stack and services
- Includes personal and enterprise security, embedded DHCP, DNS and HTTP(S) clients and servers, XML parser, service and device discovery, easy provisioning, over-the-air firmware updates, and more.
- Inbuilt turn-key support for cloud-based services and applications using Xively® by LogMeIn®
eConais’ WiSmart(TM) EC32L Wi-Fi® modules are available for sampling with full production available in June.
About eConais S.A.
eConais is a module manufacturer and solutions company building excellent connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT) using Samsung® Nanoradio® Wi-Fi®. eConais’ easy-to-use modules and software let customers leverage the large installed base of Wi-Fi access points and smartphones to create connected products for healthcare, smart energy and control/monitoring in industrial, commercial and residential markets. The solutions feature an ultra-low power module that consumes a few µA of standby current and goes from standby to active mode in a few ms. www.econais.com
Media Contact: Econais Sales, eConais S.A., 408-884-7914, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE eConais S.A.