TeleCommunication Systems Introduces PerformanScore Cybersecurity Skill Assessment Tool
Three-Phase Learning and Development Software Solution Addresses Growing Need to Measure Cyber Professional Skills and Abilities Mapping to Current and Future Job Roles
ANNAPOLIS, Md., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced its PerformanScore(TM), a three-phase learning and development software tool that addresses the growing need for companies, educational institutions and government organizations to measure and validate cyber professional skills and abilities in relation to job role competencies and requirements.
- Lack of qualified staff is the top concern of chief information security officers, according to the 2013 (ISC)2 Global information Security Workforce Study. A shortage of qualified cybersecurity professionals is negatively impacting organizations and their customers. TCS is a leader in training cybersecurity skills to U.S. military personnel.
- PerformanScore measures critical skills in a live environment. Its three phases of measurement are:
- Assessment: PerformanScore enables the assessment of an individual or team based on industry standards or specific organizational requirements, providing a competencies benchmark that defines needed specific training or if an individual or group should be recommended for a performance-based test approved by a security credentialing organization.
- Learning: PerformanScore provides both the student and instructor with immediate and precise feedback on areas where the student excelled and areas where the student has opportunities for improvement. The speed and accuracy of feedback enables the instructor to rapidly adjust the focus of training to the specific needs of the student or the class.
- Testing: PerformanScore’s testing capability provides both technical and non-technical managers a more in-depth analysis of the skills and abilities of an individual, offering unprecedented insight into future employees’ or current teams’ skill levels.
- World-renowned security certification organizations are aligning PerformanScore with existing knowledge-based exams. With PerformanScore’s vendor-neutral design, TCS has the ability to customize a rubric based on the organization’s specific need or workforce competency models.
- PerformanScore can be leveraged for other educational/testing applications beyond the measurement of cyber professional skills – specifically, applications that are driven by the increasing use of learning labs or simulated environments in vendor-neutral or vendor-specific technology.
- TCS is using PerformanScore as part of its comprehensive Art of Exploitation(®) cybersecurity training curriculum.
Through its Cyber Intelligence Group, TCS provides focused training in the fields of penetration testing, forensics-defend strategies, vulnerability analysis and ethical hacking, bringing together many of the brightest minds in security as a forum for research, collaboration and building next-generation technologies to protect critical networks. Students learn and experience computer network operations and forensics in a safe and reliable environment and have the opportunity to build on and advance the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in their chosen career paths. For further information about using PerformanScore, contact Dan Callahan at 443-758-0593, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCS Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer Drew Morin said: “TCS’ PerformanScore offers companies, educational institutions and governments the opportunity to go beyond traditional static testing to more accurately measure a person’s cybersecurity strengths and weaknesses, thus maximizing educational opportunities and results. Additionally, PerformanScore offers the possibility of being leveraged to enhance a variety of different learning/testing environments.”
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS’ cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS’ current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
TCS Contact: Media Contact: Investor Relations: TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. Nadel Phelan, Inc. Liolios Group, Inc. Meredith Allen Graham Sorkin Scott Liolios 410-295-1865 831-440-2406 949-574-3860 Mallen@telecomsys.com email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.