NoviFlow and Inocybe Technologies Join Forces to Make High-Performance Network Applications Possible in Virtualized Infrastructures
Joint Solution Eases Integration of SDN and OpenFlow with Existing Cloud and Carrier Networks
MONTREAL, QC, CANADA (PRWEB) June 11, 2013
At the Cloud Computing Expo 2013, Inocybe Technologies Inc. and NoviFlow Inc. announce a teaming agreement to bring together elements of their respective product lines to significantly ease introduction and reduce the costs of utilizing Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and OpenFlow with existing cloud and carrier networks. Through this integration, the companies become the first to make it possible for large data center operators to deploy high-performance applications, like advanced firewalls and deep-packet inspection on a single OpenFlow-based network element, in virtualized infrastructures.
“NoviFlow is dedicated to bringing to market innovative solutions that leverage the unique qualities of SDN and OpenFlow to change how networks are built and managed,” said Dominique Jodoin, president and chief executive officer of NoviFlow Inc. “With this joint solution, NoviFlow and Inocybe Technologies are leveraging our respective products, NoviFlow´s NoviWare OpenFlow switch architecture and Inocybe Technologies´ Infrastructure Virtualization Platform (IVP), to redefine the performance and economics of today´s network fabrics, and provide a real-world application of Network Function Virtualization (NFV).”
“Together, Inocybe Technologies and NoviFlow offer high performance network applications for virtual infrastructures that are as efficient as traditional hardware network appliances,” said Mathieu Lemay, Inocybe president and chief executive officer. “This will enable an unprecedented degree of flexibility and economy for data centers and carriers who want to replace a variety of special-purpose network appliances with more energy efficient and cost effective solutions.”
NoviWare® 200 is the first OpenFlow switching solution to provide commercial grade high-performance OpenFlow 1.1 and 1.3 switches that run at speeds of 100 Gbps to 200 Gbps. The main features are:
- Support of OpenFlow 1.3 features
- Hardware support on the NoviKit 200, NoviSwitch 1132 and NoviSwitch 1248 switches:
- Built on the NP-4 Network Processor platform from EZchip Semiconductor with superior switching performance, making these products easily up-gradable to newer versions of the OpenFlow standard
- Additional (non-OpenFlow) features:
- Packet processing option
- Improved Command Line Interface (CLI) configuration
- Easy installation – Designed for quick set up in any data center environment
- Dynamic configuration loading and reporting via XML
- Proven performance – Lab tested by a tier one Systems Integrator
The Inocybe Virtualization Platform (IVP) is the SDN industry´s first unified infrastructure virtualization platform. From smart to simple, IVP is a turnkey solution that allows any organization to create a private, community, or global scale public cloud computing infrastructure in just seconds. The product unites a wide variety of network, computing and storage application options with a simple plug-and-play architecture that businesses can use to rapidly create virtual data centers in the cloud. Key features include:
- Integration with popular public clouds (Rackspace, Amazon EC2) and also private cloud APIs based on OpenStack.
- Pre-integrated with a variety of server and network application choices, such as OpenStack components, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Power management options for Green IT
- Automated discovery of all network and compute resources, regardless of infrastructure type
- Distributed, inter-cloud management of any size.
- Designed for scalability, fault-tolerance and reliability
- Integrated cloud and SDN controllers provide customers with a turnkey solution for all their infrastructure needs
The joint solution will be commercially available in the second half of 2013. More information is available in the Inocybe Technologies booth #355 at the Cloud Computing Expo, June 10th-13th, 2013 in New York City. Executives from NoviFlow will also be on site and speaking at the Cloud Computing Expo.
About NoviFlow Inc.
NoviFlow Inc. provides high-performance OpenFlow-based switching solutions to data centers and network operators seeking greater control and flexibility over their networks. In December 2012 NoviFlow launched the world´s first high performance OpenFlow 1.1 switch, the NoviKit 100, and was listed by Business Insider as one of the eight SDN startups to watch in 2013. The company was incorporated in early 2012 and was the first Canadian company to join the Open Networking Foundation (ONF). NoviFlow has offices in Sunnyvale, Montreal, and Seattle. For more information, please visit http://www.noviflow.com.
About Inocybe Technologies Inc.
Inocybe Technologies Inc. makes networking infrastructure simple to launch and monetize by alleviating the complexities of today’s Information Communication Technology (ICT) management. The company delivers a one-stop-shop for businesses who want to quickly find all the providers and products they need to deploy, operate, and manage a virtualized network infrastructure. Inocybe Technologies combines cloud computing, Software-Defined Networking (SDN), and DevOps technologies into their single, flexible Inocybe Virtualization Platform (IVP) that any organization can use to create a global scale infrastructure in just seconds. Inocybe Technologies is privately held and has been a pioneer in user empowered networking research since 2005. For additional information follow us @inocybetech or visit: http://www.inocybe.com.
Phone: +1 425.442.1806
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/6/prweb10814463.htm