Samsung Unveils New Dynamic Signage Solutions and Display Technology at InfoComm 2013
Wide Array of Innovative Digital Signage Products and Solutions at Booth #3343 Reinforcing Samsung’s Position as Industry Leader in Commercial Display
ORLANDO, Fla., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, is exhibiting its latest displays at InfoComm 2013, an event for the professional audiovisual and information communication industries. Samsung will be showcasing a variety of LED backlit displays and digital signage software solutions for the first time in the U.S. at the Orange County Convention Center, Booth #3343, from June 12-14. These include the new C Series line up and the MagicIWB 3.0 and MagicInfo VideoWall S software solutions.
“Samsung continues to drive technology leadership in digital signage by providing both cutting-edge display solutions and software that enable businesses to provide their customers with a seamless delivery of dynamic content and messaging,” said Tod Pike, senior vice president at Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division. “Everything we design and bring to market, including our latest line of digital signage solutions, is focused on creating new avenues for commercial communication, making technology more efficient and effective in order to enrich the customer experience.”
New 2013 C Series Line Up
With the introduction of its new C Series LED-backlit displays, Samsung continues to offer products that help make the transition to LED a more affordable and competitive solution, without sacrificing key features. The new C Series includes the LE - C, ED - C, UD - C, UE - C and ME - C displays. Samsung’s Smart Signage Platform is now supported by the ME - C, PE - C and MD - C, which are currently available, and now also the UE - C for a single screen and the UD - C. Samsung’s Smart Signage Platform is designed to simplify digital signage deployment and is built around an embedded media player and software developer kit.
- LE – C Series: This line features LED backlighting for bright, colorful images and anti-glare technology for sharp pictures even in brightly lit indoor environments. The LE - C Series also includes matte finish of the panel, edge-lit LED backlight technology, slim chassis design and 24/7 run time reliability.
- ED – C Series: Ideal for business customers across multiple industries, this line provides a simple feature set for those that are also price sensitive. The ED - C Series offers simple, commercial grade reliability and energy efficiency due to its direct-lit LED backlight technology and slimmer chassis.
- UD – C Series: Premium displays supporting Full HD resolution with an ultra-narrow bezel for virtually seamless videowalls and 24/7 run time reliability. The UD - C Series includes displays that are tuned at the factor for brightness and color uniformity and includes direct-lit LED backlight technology for deep black tones and a high contrast ratio.
- UE – C Series: The new UE - C series adds Smart Signage Platform functionality for content distributed to a single screen. The displays offer a narrow bezel for constructing attractive videowalls and edge-lit LED backlight technology for ultra-slim chassis depth.
- ME – C Series: The slim, lightweight displays provide increased energy savings over cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) backlit displays, while a thin chassis and narrow bezel help simplify installation and provide an impactful message.
MagicInfo VideoWall S
Available on Samsung’s new UD - C, UE - C, PE – C, ME – C and MD – C Series displays, Samsung’s MagicInfo VideoWall S is a cost effective and versatile video wall software solution that enables users to quickly and easily display HD content across a video wall display however they want wherever they happen to be located. Powered by a System on Chip (SoC) technology, the UD - C, UE - C, PE – C, ME – C and MD – C Series lines include an embedded, high-performance media player which allows users to play back content without the need for a separate PC or set-back box. The lines provide a simple, easy-to-use interface, eliminating complicated set-up and installation.
Using the new UD - C, UE - C, PE – C, ME – C and MD – C Series displays, Samsung’s MagicInfo VideoWall S enables users to create pre-scheduled posts for content, convert and share from a variety of sources and schedule from different sources to appear simultaneously. Users can show one image or video across multiple screens or repeat the same image over several individual screens. Users can also adjust brightness and have enhanced factor color calibrations to create uniformity throughout the video wall. Designed to provide an expansive visual experience, the solution is ideal for video walls in high-traffic areas, including commercial, public and corporate information displays.
Samsung’s MagicIWB 3.0 is software platform that enables customers to use multiple devices as one screen for user engagement and collaboration. MagicIWB 3.0 creates a large digital whiteboard solution using individual displays, which multiple individuals can use to simultaneously collaborate on projects and share ideas.
Engineered with efficiency, cost savings and collaboration in mind, MagicIWB 3.0 provides an expansive visual and collaborative experience that is ideal for the enterprise (meeting rooms) and education (high school and university) environments, particularly customers in those environments that have a need for a large, collaborative display. Key features include digital post-its, support for Microsoft Office documents, gesture control as well as content sharing.
In addition to the above products, Samsung will also be showcasing its 95-inch LED with its narrow bezel and lightweight design at the booth.
All solutions are on display at InfoComm and available through Samsung distributors and resellers. For more information about Samsung’s commercial display solutions, please visit samsung.com/us/business/smart-signage-platform.
About Samsung Electronics America Enterprise Business Division
As a global leader in Information Technology, Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division (EBD) is committed to introducing new business experiences across a diverse spectrum of industries from retail to healthcare, hospitality to sales. We believe technology brings business and customers together — to better share, collaborate and discover new opportunities. With a market-oriented approach to innovation, EBD is a division of Samsung Electronics America (SEA), Inc., a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC). For more information, please visit samsung.com/business., call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung EBD via Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 236,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US $187 billion. To discover more, please visit samsung.com.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics America, Inc.