Top Brands Embrace Mobile Advertising; Almost Every Leading U.S. Marketer Is Now Advertising on Mobile Phones and Tablets
Top Three Mobile Advertisers: Amazon, Toyota, Google; Competitrack Launches Mobile Ad Monitoring to Track Growing Sector
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 12, 2013
Mobile advertising has reached critical mass: Ninety four of the top 100 U.S. advertisers have run mobile ads in the last nine months. Mid-sized and small brands are on board, too: 64% of the top 1,000 brands have run mobile ads, according to Competitrack´s new study of mobile advertising.
“Monitoring Our Mobile Future” analyzes mobile advertising usage by more than 2,700 leading national and regional advertisers. Competitrack, a leading advertising tracking firm, has captured nearly 20,000 ads from Apple´s iOS and Google´s Android phones and tablets since March 2012, analyzing the level of activity by brand, ad content, and apps and mobile sites used.
The study coincides with the launch of Competitrack´s Mobile Advertising Monitoring Program, providing data on mobile advertising activity plus a searchable archive of mobile ad creative to advertisers, agencies, publishers and mobile ad firms.
Among the findings:
- The top* 10 mobile advertisers: Amazon, Toyota, Google, Verizon, AT&T, Microsoft, Bank of America, Home Depot, Progressive Insurance, Target
- Top industries using mobile advertising: retail, entertainment & media, technology, travel & tourism, automotive
- Advertisers are creating unique content for mobile ads: Of the nearly 20,000 mobile ads in Competitrack´s archives, 85% were created specifically for mobile devices rather than being repurposed from other media
*Measured by number of unique ads. Study timeframe: July 2012 — March 2013
“Monitoring Our Mobile Future” can be downloaded at Competitrack.com.
Competitrack´s new Mobile Ad Monitoring program complements Competitrack´s flagship ad monitoring services, including its Online Video and Online Display tracking programs.
“Consumers reach first for their smartphones and tablets for everything from information and entertainment to transactions. So advertisers of all sizes are keenly interested in mobile advertising,” said Competitrack President Ginny Tuckman. “Nearly every major advertiser in the country is using or testing the medium, and activity levels are continuing to grow.”
Competitrack´s mobile ad creative archive contains nearly 20,000 ads running on Apple´s iOS and Google´s Android phones and tablets since March 2012. (Windows Phone monitoring will begin in fourth-quarter 2013.) The archive is drawn from a daily monitoring of the 100 top mobile apps and 40 leading mobile websites.
Mobile Ad Monitoring users can:
- View or download ads from more than 2,700 mobile advertisers
- View, download or link to live Mobile Landing Pages
- Download Observation Reports showing where and when ads are running
- Receive reports listing mobile advertisers by app, site, site genre, product category, and more
- Receive daily alerts of breaking ads by key competitors or prospects
Current Competitrack subscribers can learn more about the Mobile Ad Monitoring service from their Competitrack representative; new users can call 888.503.7533 or email Competitrack´s Mobile Sales Team at sales (at)competitrack(dot)com.
Competitrack is a full-service competitive advertising tracking firm, providing U.S. and international creative tracking, competitive spending analyses, multicultural ad tracking, co-op ad tracking, and ad verification services. To learn more, visit us at http://www.competitrack.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/6/prweb10825375.htm