FORTIS Online Reflects New Social Networking Feel
School Enhances its Online Learning Experience through Improved Functionality and Social Learning Tools
DENVER, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — FORTIS Online has advanced its online learning experience to reflect a social networking look and feel.
To achieve enhanced user-friendly networking capabilities, FORTIS Online has upgraded its Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) to Service Pack 11. The system delivers a completely new user experience that consolidates critical information from students’ courses and organizations as well as their academic network.
“Our students love social networking through sites like Facebook and LinkedIn. With the worlds of social networking and online learning intersecting more and more, this upgrade will greatly enhance the learning capacity of our students,” said Alec Winters, Vice President of Online Operations for FORTIS Online.
Improvements from a student’s perspective include:
- Enhanced Posts in discussion boards embracing a social networking feel and functionality including a new area that consolidates a student’s posts from all courses and responses to those posts.
- Enhanced Profiles that provide a social networking type profile, including a picture, area of study, and an “about me” section. Students will be able to pull information from their Facebook and Twitter profiles for use on FORTIS Online.
- A People tool that enables students to search for and review the profiles of fellow students.
- Enhanced Calendar functionality that lets students view assignments that are past due, due today, or due within the week.
- My Grades, which consolidates a student’s grades from across all courses into a single view where students can instantly see a stream of the latest grades received.
FORTIS Online also utilizes Blackboard mobile technology so students can work from mobile devices.
About FORTIS Online
FORTIS Institute Online, a division of Fortis College, Centerville, Ohio, is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and by the State. FORTIS College has institutional accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, 2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201, (703) 247-4212 www.accsc.org. FORTIS Institute Online is licensed by the State of Colorado Department of Higher Education Division of Private Occupational Schools. It is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code. FORTIS Online delivers career-focused educations suited for working adults looking to achieve their professional goals. FORTIS offers courses designed to give students a variety of options, including access to classes and instructors on their schedule – both day and evening – so they can fit higher education into their busy lifestyles. Your Life. Powered by Learning.
At FORTIS Online, students can choose from such popular programs as Business Management, Medical Billing and Coding, Medical Administrative Assistant, Hospitality Management, Internet Marketing, Digital Graphic Design, Criminal Justice/Homeland Security, and more. FORTIS Online is a proud member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium, an association of colleges and universities dedicated to helping members of the United States Armed Forces and their families earn college degrees. For consumer disclosure information or to learn more about FORTIS Online, visit www.fortis.edu.
SOURCE FORTIS Online