froglogic Releases Cross-Platform GUI Test Automation Tool Squish GUI Tester 5.0
froglogic GmbH today announced that Squish 5.0 – a major new version of the popular Squish GUI Tester – is now available.
Hamburg, Germany (PRWEB) June 25, 2013
Squish GUI Tester is the market leading, functional test automation tool for cross-platform and cross-device GUI testing on desktop, embedded and mobile platforms as well as web browsers. More than 3,000 QA departments around the world benefit from its tight integration with each supported GUI technology enabling the creation and execution of robust, object-based automated GUI tests.
Squish and all the tests created with it, are completely cross-platform, and work on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, embedded Linux, iOS, Android and several RTOSes.
"We are excited to release version 5 of our Squish GUI Tester 10 years after Squish was first made available. Squish 5.0 comes with a number of major, new features and improvements, such as Qt5, QML/QtQuick and Android support, but also with many small enhancements. We would like to thank our loyal customers for their feedback which has highly influenced the direction of Squish's development," said Harri Porten, froglogic's CTO. "This new release, with all its new editions, features and improvements, will further strengthen our leading position in the cross-platform and cross-device GUI test automation market."
Squish 5.0 delivers several new features including:
- New editions to automate mobile Android Apps on devices and the Emulator and rich internet applications based on Flex technology.
- Several improvements in the Squish IDE such as a "highlight" and "up" button in the Spy, allowing the insertion of comments while recording, improved code completion and more.
- General improvements such as APIs for interactive test scripts, improved 64 bit support, improved report generation, better highlighting for image differences and more.
- Support for testing Qt 5 applications based on Qt widgets, QtQuick/QML 2 and QtWebKit 2.
- Support for testing Qt GUIs on WinCE and RTOSes.
- Support for testing Java applications utilizing the new JavaFx GUI technology.
- Support for automating more custom Windows control sets such as Delphi, Telerik controls and WPF Ribbon controls.
- Support for automating custom Windows controls based on the Microsoft Accessibility Architecture (MSAA).
- Support for automating embedded Web content (WebKit) in native applications on Mac OS X (Cocoa), iOS (CocoaTouch) and Android.
- An integration plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager 2010 and 2012.
- Several improvements in Squish for Web for new web browser versions and improved object handling.
- Support for automating drag and drop interactions in Squish for Tk.
- Several usability improvements in the Squish IDE.
A detailed list of changes since Squish 4.2 is available at http://doc.froglogic.com/squish/5.0/rel-500.html.
A free and fully supported evaluation version of Squish is available at http://www.froglogic.com/evaluate. For further questions please contact sales(at)froglogic(dot)com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10864872.htm