AlgoSec Recognized by Ogren Group as Leading Application-Centric Security Policy Management Company
Industry report recommends enterprises prioritize firewall analysis to keep application paths clear.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) June 26, 2013
AlgoSec, the market leader for Security Policy Management, today announced it has been named a leading application security-centric company in “Firewall Analysis Saves Time Keeping Application Paths Clear,” an independent report by The Ogren Group that examines the features, life cycle, and market strategy around firewall analysis solutions. The report recommends that organizations with complex or high performance networks should prioritize application-oriented Firewall Analysis due to the fact that firewall changes are being driven by the demands of users and applications.
“Lines of business within organizations require new or upgraded applications to be launched in minutes or hours, which places pressure on security teams to create and deploy new firewall rules,” said Eric Ogren, Principal Analyst, The Ogren Group. “The more complex the network, the more companies should be turning to these firewall analysis tools to address ongoing rule changes and requirements.”
Key Findings from the Report:
- The Firewall Analysis market will reach $131 million in 2013 and will grow 19 percent annually by 2018.
- Demand for firewall analysis solutions will increase based on the ability to reduce network complexity and operational costs associated with the secure deployment of applications across large environments that may be comprised of combinations of web servers, application engines, databases and networking equipment.
- Threat path analysis is identified as having questionable value in protecting network resources. Organizations reduce the risk of disclosure events by assuming critical resources are exposed to all threats, regardless of threat paths or how many hops an attack must take before finding a vulnerable resource.
- Recommendations include institutionalizing the use of firewall analysis as a critical element of the security change management process and evaluating application-oriented firewall analysis as part of a program to incorporate next-generation firewalls (NGFWs).
“With the right solutions and processes in place, sound security management does not have to come at the expense of business agility,” said Nimmy Reichenberg, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, AlgoSec. “The AlgoSec Security Management Suite was designed to help organizations manage security at the speed of business by combining security policy visibility and control with an application-centric approach that enables faster security provisioning of business applications, increased application availability and tighter security.”
AlgoSec has recently extended the AlgoSec Security Management Suite with BusinessFlow, which bridges the traditional gap between security, operations and applications teams to deliver application-centric security policy management. The AlgoSec Security Management Suite, which in addition to BusinessFlow includes AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer for policy analysis and FireFlow for automating the security change workflow, earned a perfect 5-star rating and the Best Buy designation by SC Magazine in in its June 2013 review of 22 Risk & Policy Management solutions.
To download a copy of “Firewall Analysis Saves Time Keeping Application Paths Clear,” please visit: http://pages.algosec.com/OgrenReport_as_register_ogren_wp.html.
AlgoSec is the market leader for security policy management, enabling organizations to manage security at the speed of business. The AlgoSec Suite of products automates management of complex policies across firewalls, routers, switches, secure web gateways and more. Bridging traditional gaps between security, network and application teams, the AlgoSec Suite improves business agility, increases security and ensures continuous compliance.
More than 1000 of the world’s leading organizations, including 15 of the Fortune 50, rely on AlgoSec for faster security provisioning of business applications, simplified security operations and improved protection against cyber-attacks.
AlgoSec is committed to the success of every single customer, and offers the industry's only money-back guarantee.
For more information, visit http://www.AlgoSec.com.
- Hear from AlgoSec Customers – algosec.com/en/customers/testimonials
- Visit the AlgoSec blog, Security Management at the Speed of Business – blog.algosec.com
- Follow us on Twitter – twitter.com/algosec
- Like us on Facebook – facebook.com/algosec
- Find us on YouTube – youtube.com/algosec
- Follow us on Linkedin – linkedin.com/company/algosec
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10864759.htm