July 2, 2013
Sharp to Introduce PN-K322B Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Accurate Onscreen Handwritten Text Input and Multi-Touch Operation on an Ultra-High-Resolution 4K Display -
Osaka, July 2, 2013 - (JCN Newswire) - Sharp Corporation will introduce into the Japanese market a new 32-inch-class LCD monitor, the PN-K322B. This professional-use monitor features an originally developed high-sensitivity, high-precision touchscreen and delivers 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) - a level of resolution four times that of full HD.
The PN-K322B is Sharp's latest ultra-high-definition display. Its high-precision touchscreen allows accurate onscreen handwriting of fine text and lines, with writing performed via a dedicated touch pen with a pen-tip width of just 2 mm. The display also supports multi-touch operation.
Thanks to IGZO(1) technology and an edge-lit LED backlight, the PN-K322B boasts a slender profile with a thickness of just 36 mm(2) - the thinnest in its class. An included stand allows the monitor to slide easily between two angles depending on the application: vertical for viewing the monitor or low-angle for onscreen writing and touchscreen operation.
The PN-K322B features a palm cancellation function that prioritizes pen input even when the user's hand is resting on the touchscreen. Input connectors on the PN-K322B are compatible with the latest DisplayPort(TM) and HDMI(TM) interface specifications, enabling the monitor to display(3) 4K ultra-HD content delivered from a PC via a single-cable connection.
Demand for ultra-high-definition 4K displays is growing for numerous business and professional applications such as graphic and video content creation and editing. To further grow demand for 4K displays, Sharp will propose usage applications in other fields too, such as in customer service applications at retailers and showrooms or in exhibition displays at museums and art galleries.
Product name: Touchscreen LCD monitor
Model name: PN-K322B
Suggested retail price: Open
Date of introduction in Japan: July 30, 2013
Monthly production: 250 units
1. 4K high-definition display equipped with an originally developed high-sensitivity, high-precision touchscreen.
2. The industry's thinnest-profile design and a dedicated "sliding" stand optimized for viewing or onscreen pen/multi-touch operation.
3. Connectivity with PCs via a single cable for displaying 4K data.
For product specifications, please see http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/130702.html.
(1) IGZO monitors were developed jointly for mass production by Sharp and Semiconductor Energy Laboratory Co., Ltd. IGZO and the IGZO logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sharp Corporation.
(2) As of July 2, 2013; for 30-inch or larger 4K (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) touchscreen monitors (based on Sharp research).
(3) DisplayPort (Multi-Stream Transport) supports up to 3,840 x 2,160 resolution at a 60p frame rate; HDMI port can support up to 3,840 x 2,160 resolution at a 30p frame rate.
* Windows and Windows Vista are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
* DisplayPort is a registered trademark of the Video Electronics Standards Association.
* HDMI is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC.
Sharp Corporation (TSE: 6753) is a worldwide developer of innovative products and core technologies that play a key role in shaping the future of electronics. As a leader in liquid crystal displays (LCDs) and digital technologies, Sharp offers one of the broadest and most advanced lines of consumer electronics, information products and electronic components, while also creating new network businesses. For more information, please visit www.sharp.co.jp .
Corporate Public Relations Division
Phone: +81-6-6625-3006 (Osaka)
Phone: +81-3-3260-1870 (Tokyo)>
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net