Terracotta’s Web Sessions 4 Taps BigMemory for Blazingly Fast Web Session Access
New Web Sessions 4 Gets BigMemory’s Automatic Resource Control(TM) for Ultra-Fast Distributed, In-Memory Session Management
SAN FRANCISCO, July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Terracotta, the award winning provider of in-memory technologies for enterprise big data, unveiled new versions of BigMemory 4, its flagship product for managing big, fast data, and Web Sessions 4, the leading solution for distributed in-memory session management. The new offerings work together to bring faster, more reliable access to session data in large-scale, high-traffic web applications. By tapping BigMemory 4′s Automatic Resource Control(TM), Web Sessions 4 ensures that data is always where it’s needed to grant instant access to up to hundreds of terabytes of session data. BigMemory 4 offers 60 percent faster data access than previous versions at terabyte scale and beyond, and delivers enterprise-grade levels of reliability and flexibility that were formerly available only in traditional, disk-based data management systems.
“Slow performance on any commerce site is a business killer,” said Mike Allen, vice president of Product Management for Terracotta. “If a customer has to wait for their shopping cart to load, or to complete check out, there is a high probability of losing the sale. Terracotta Web Sessions and Terracotta BigMemory work together to eliminate performance bottlenecks, even with terabytes of web session data.”
Terracotta BigMemory 4 and Terracotta Web Sessions 4
The latest releases of BigMemory and Web Sessions speed enterprise-grade Web session management, allowing high-traffic web sites to enjoy distributed in-memory session management for extremely high performance and availability at scale. Because application servers are not always optimized to handle very large volumes of in-memory session data in a highly available, scalable way, access to session data shared across application servers often becomes a performance bottleneck for enterprise system architects and software developers. With the latest versions of Web Sessions and BigMemory, developers and architects can deliver fast, reliable access to Web session data, including shopping carts, user behavior and cookies.
Working together, Web Sessions 4 and BigMemory 4 deliver:
- Faster access
- By providing advanced in-memory session management across distributed servers, developers can grant instant access to up to terabytes of session data. Web Sessions and BigMemory allow those application servers to keep sessions in-memory for fast distribution across large distributed arrays.
- BigMemory’s Automatic Resource Control(TM) enables Web Sessions to migrate data automatically, from heap to off-heap to array, keeping the data as close to the application as possible based on its importance to the application.
- BigMemory uses all of the application server’s off-heap storage for session data, without causing garbage collection pauses.
- Terracotta Web Sessions easily links web applications to BigMemory, fully leveraging its in-memory simplicity, speed and performance for best-in-class data management.
- More reliable access
- If an application server fails, all other servers have instant access to every session stored in- memory.
- Session data is stored in BigMemory’s highly available, striped, or mirrored in-memory array for maximum uptime.
- Terracotta’s Fast Restartable Stores(TM) slash the time it takes to bring session data back online after maintenance or outages, reloading in-memory session data ten times faster than non-optimized backups.
Powering Terracotta and Software AG Products
Available today as a stand-alone solution, BigMemory will also power In-Genius, Terracotta’s big data analytics solution, which will ship in the fall of 2013. In-Genius will deliver real-time insights from any source of dynamic data to any delivery channel, including web, mobile and point-of-sale, for immediate action. As a result, enterprises can significantly reduce risk, automate business processes and rapidly deploy new offers, products and services, all in real time. BigMemory is also the in-memory data platform for webMethods 9.0 from Software AG, introduced earlier this year.
About Terracotta, Inc.
Terracotta, the leading provider of in-memory technologies for enterprise Big Data, is the innovator behind some of the most widely used software for application scalability, availability and performance. The company’s solutions are deployed in more than 2.5 million installations around the world, and the company boasts the majority of Global 1000 companies as customers. The company’s flagship BigMemory platform is a Big Data in-memory solution delivering performance at any scale. Terracotta’s other leading solutions include Ehcache, the award-winning de facto caching standard for enterprise Java and Quartz Scheduler, a leading job scheduler. Terracotta, headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW). For more information, visit www.terracotta.org or follow us on Twitter (@terracottatech), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Terracotta) and LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/terracotta).
Terracotta Media Contact:
Tel: (408) 295-4309 x104
SOURCE Terracotta, Inc.