New Brother(TM) Work Smart(TM) Series Inkjets For Small And Home Offices Deliver Easy Operation, Plus Innovative Cloud Capabilities And Mobile Printing
Flagship Model MFC-J870dw Features the First-ever Implementation of Near Field Communication (NFC) Printing and Scanning in a Color Inkjet All-in-One.
BRIDGEWATER, N.J., July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Brother International Corporation, a leader in small business technology, today announced the launch of the MFC-J870dw, the flagship model of the new Work Smart(TM) Series of easy-to-use inkjet all-in-ones for Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) users. Designed for home and SOHO users looking to easily adopt wireless and mobile business productivity solutions into their day-to-day workflow, the MFC-J870dw includes innovative mobile and cloud features like NFC printing and scanning(1), Wi-Fi Direct(TM) printing, and a suite of free Brother Cloud Apps(2).
As the growth of mobile and wireless technology helps enable greater productivity and convenience for today’s SOHO workspace, Brother is at the forefront of incorporating these new technologies – in an easy and intuitive platform – in all of their inkjet products. The MFC-J870dw was designed with web connectivity(3) and multiple mobile printing features(7), including the first-ever integration of NFC( )in an inkjet all-in-one. NFC allows users to “touch to connect” their NFC-capable mobile device to the all-in-one for direct printing or scanning without the need for a wireless network. Wi-Fi Direct(TM) printing gives users another option for wireless printing directly from a compatible mobile device independent of a router or wireless network. The Work Smart(TM) Series also features an expandable suite of free, unique Brother Cloud Apps(2)( )that allows users to capture and convert paper documents in a variety of ways directly from their machine.
Because SOHO users rarely have an IT staff to manage the setup and maintenance of office technology, Brother recognizes that ease-of-use is important to their operations. That’s why all models in the Work Smart(TM) Series were designed with Wireless Assistant, a new easy-to-use wireless network tool that requires no USB cable or password, for virtually effortless setup. Many models in the Work Smart(TM) Series, including the MFC-J870dw, feature user-friendly scanning software with drag-and-drop functionality compatible with popular applications, as well as an intuitive TouchScreen Display with TouchPanel that illuminates only the keys needed for operation. All models feature easy-to-install front loading ink cartridges, and free phone support for the life of the product.
“The rate at which innovation and technology is changing the way we work makes this an exciting time for professionals,” said Marie Le, Brother Director of Marketing for color inkjet products. “However, as innovation continues to accelerate, it’s critical that ease-of-use remain central to the user experience. This is why we developed the Work Smart(TM) Series to combine today’s most advanced mobile and cloud features with easy use plus economical supplies and operation.”
Estimated Street Price: $149.99(4)
- Fast print speeds(5 )to help improve productivity
- Black (Fast Mode): up to 33ppm & Color (Fast Mode): up to 27ppm
- Black: up to 12ppm & Color: up to 10ppm (ISO/IEC 24734)
- 2.7″ TouchScreen display plus TouchPanel that only shows the keys you need
- Up to 20-page ADF for faxing, copying or scanning
- Paper saving with automatic duplex (2-sided) printing
- Easy-to-setup wireless 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet networking( )
- NFC Connectivity(1 )allows the user to “touch to connect” for direct printing or scanning from NFC-capable mobile devices
- Wireless printing( ) from mobile devices via Google Cloud Print(TM), Brother(TM) iPrint&Scan, Wi-Fi Direct(TM) & Cortado Workplace(7)
- Free Brother((TM)) Cloud Apps(2) capture and convert documents directly from the machine
- Web connectivity3 with FACEBOOK((TM)), PICASA WEB ALBUMS((TM)), FLICKR((TM)), GOOGLE DRIVE((TM)), EVERNOTE(®), BOX and SKYDRIVE(®)
- Easy-to-use scanning software
- Ink Save Mode helps reduce ink consumption per page by outlining images for draft printing
- 4 Cartridge Ink System – only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced
- Uses standard or high yield ink cartridges for economical printing
- Direct Photo Printing to print or scan to media cards, PictBridge-enabled camera or USB Flash memory drive(6)
- Up to 20-sheet photo bypass tray
- Print directly on your CD/DVD/Blu-Ray(TM) discs(6)
- 2-year limited warranty and toll-free technical support for the life of the machine
In addition to the flagship model, MFC-J870dw, Brother will be introducing a full line of Work Smart(TM) Series inkjet all-in-ones to replace their current SOHO inkjet series. The MFC-J650dw ($129.99)(4), MFC-J470dw ($99.99)(4), and MFC-J285dw ($99.99)(4) will all be available in August 2013.
For more information on the MFC-J870dw or other models in the Work Smart(TM) Series, or to find a retailer, please visit www.Brother.com.
Brother International Corporation is one of the premier providers of products for the home, home office and office. The U.S. corporate office in Bridgewater, N. J., was established on April 21, 1954 and currently markets many industrial products, home appliances and business products manufactured by its parent company, Brother Industries, Ltd. of Nagoya, Japan.
These products include an award-winning line of Multi-Function Center® machines and printers. Brother also provides the number-one line of facsimile machines in the U.S. and is the leader in electronic labeling, with its full line of P-touch® Electronic Labeling Systems. For more information you can visit the website at www.brother.com.
(1 )Requires internet connection. See www.brother-usa.com/nfc for a list of compatible mobile devices.
(2 )Requires an internet connection. See www.brother.com for details.
(3) Requires internet connection and an account with a desired service. See www.brother.com for details.
(4)( )Estimated street price, prices may vary
(5)PPM speed is based in printing in FAST mode and excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. ISO print speed based on ISO/IEC 24734. For more information, see www.brother-usa.com/printspeed.
(6) Additional purchase required.
(7) Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
All trademarks and registered trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective companies. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license. All specifications subject to change without notice
SOURCE Brother International Corporation