Logicalis US Illustrates “A Day in the Life of the Cloud”
Technology solution provider unveils cloud blueprint with a cloud infographic highlighting how the cloud impacts everyday life.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) July 09, 2013
CIOs and other IT pros are aware of the increasing cloud usage among their users, but they might be surprised to learn just how much the cloud has become an integral part of their users’ everyday lives. Research compiled from a variety of sources shows that people have their heads in the cloud from early in the morning until late in the day. To illustrate the point, Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (http://www.us.logicalis.com), has created an information-packed “Day in the Life of the Cloud” infographic to highlight just how much the cloud impacts the everyday lives of its users – something fun and informative to share around the virtual water cooler that’s meant to open discussions between IT pros and C-suite execs about next steps in the cloud.
“From iTunes, Facebook and Hulu to email, corporate VPNs, virtual servers and CRM, we all use the cloud more than we realize,” says Kevin Gruneisen, Senior Director, Data Center Solutions, for Logicalis US. “While Logicalis’ infographic is a fun representation of the ways people tap the vast resources that are ‘the cloud,’ the point is that the cloud is pervasive and here to stay. Companies that aren’t moving forward in their cloud strategies are falling behind the times and behind their competitors. So it’s critical that CIOs and other IT professionals examine where they are in their companies’ journey to the cloud and take the next step along the way.”
In addition to the “Day in the Life of a Cloud” infographic, Logicalis has also created a new cloud microsite with a number of important resources to help IT pros assess where they are in their journey to the cloud.
(1) Blueprint for Transformation: When building something as substantial and mission critical as a cloud infrastructure, there has to be a blueprint. But what if parts of the design are already in place? How does an IT pro determine where to jump in? Logicalis’ interactive cloud quiz asks key questions that pinpoint just where a company’s cloud strategy lies and helps the CIO examine next steps. Logicalis experts say a company’s typical journey to the cloud includes at least six important stages/considerations:
- Component-based architecture
- Converged Infrastructure
- Protection Services
- Automation and Orchestration
(2) The Logicalis Cloud Library: IT pros will appreciate the extensive list of cloud resources Logicalis has created as reference material about the cloud; learn about public, private and hybrid clouds as well as X-as-a-Service and more through a variety of white papers, eBooks, fact sheets, videos and blogs, all available for download free of charge from Logicalis.
(3) The Starting Line: When it comes to cloud or any other IT initiative, Logicalis’ Briefcase Offerings are an affordable and efficient way to assess a company’s current IT needs through a tailored consultation with network and infrastructure experts.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, Microsoft, NetApp, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.4 billion from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10906675.htm